CIA Criminal Culpability in Allowing the 9/11 Attacks

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by stretched, Sep 9, 2008.

1. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

(http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/significant-new-information-details-cia/story.aspx?guid={FBC51EE0-675F-4C4B-9FB1-DBA2CBE39FE1}&dist=hppr)

Does this make you want to vote for Ron Paul?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert title here)

In truth, sir, I refuse to be tempted by such suggestions. Perhaps I'll find a copy of the book. In the meantime, though, the author also has opened a blog; there's only two posts as of today, and the introductory remarks don't move me especially.

I have said in the past—I'm not sure I could find the post, as some of those "truth" topics met undignified ends in the Cesspool, which makes them harder to search for—that governmental culpability limited to indifference or facilitation of suspicion (e.g. allowing suspected attacks to occur) would make the most believable conspiracy theories. However, I intend to hold out on believing any such theory put before us as long as possible, because even that degree of corruption in government (compared to that implied by insane theories that the American and Israeli governments are behind the attack) would constitute a very extreme new low for what Americans are capable of. It would break my heart, and force me to seriously consider the thresholds by which I might abandon the promise of this country, which was instilled—indoctrinated, if you prefer—unto me from childhood.

I would much prefer the truth to be that people simply blew it. Such wrenching stupidity I can deal with. If a theory of facilitation by indifference ever proves true, it would present the question of the proverbial "point of no return". Nonetheless, I will go on record now and declare that, in the case of deliberate indifference, I would not support the execution of those treasonous officials. And trust me ... it's a tempting thought, even for me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The CIA is no more responsible for domestic terrorism events like 9-11, than is the National Weather Service for killer hurricanes. Lacking only one lucky break, they weren't so far behind, and weren't far from interrupting the 9-11 attacks. However, acts of terrorism on foreign lands have been conducted and assisted by the CIA, and these have contributed to antipathy towards the USA.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Isn't it time to like, y'know, get over it?

8. Kadark Banned Banned

It's amusing how two intelligent posters, Tiassa and hypewaders, become so narrow-minded and defensive when discussing the topic of 9/11. Tiassa is practically too scared to consider alternative theories, mainly because their authentication would flip-turn his entire understanding of the world, and how it works. On the other hand, we have hypewaders, who calmly admits that the CIA has conducted and assisted terrorist attacks offshore. However, when the idea of 9/11 being assisted by the CIA rears its head, hypewaders is quick to denounce it as a preposterous proposal. The CIA didn't care too much about its countrymen when it pushed drugs into Black American communities, did it? They didn't care too much about Americans when they deliberately injected gay men with AIDS, did they? Sooner or later, the two of you are going to have to face reality: the leaders of your country act in their best interests, meaning your life is just as worthless as an Iraqi citizen's life. Your country is a Zionist-operated empire, which is clearly observable when one considers how drastically America's military presence around the world has increased post-911.

I wouldn't waste my time discussing this issue in the manner that I am if I didn't see respectable intelligence in the two of you. There is not a single nation on Earth capable of attacking the U.S. on its own soil in the manner we witnessed on 9/11. U.S. fighter jets would have intercepted the airplanes long before they made it into New York city, and that's a fact.

Kadark

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Sam: "Isn't it time to like, y'know, get over it?"

We were raised on action-hero movies- We can't roll credits until the Bad Guy gets it, and our hero(s) have a parade and get the girl(s).

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Kadark: "when the idea of 9/11 being assisted by the CIA rears its head, hypewaders is quick to denounce it as a preposterous proposal."

That's right. All of the CIA's most murderous acts have consistently come fully to light, as mass-murder generally does (if not in the mainstream lens). 9-11 as a false-flag op would be fatal to bandy or order through the chain, and such an operation could never stay secret long if it were true. I know that we USAmericans are collectively capable of doing terrible things to foreigners. But having served in the intelligence service, I know that patriotism and empathy for our own people is strong, and I know that it would be so exceedingly rare within the CIA to find a person willing to participate killing everyday USAmericans in airliners and offices. It is as implausible to consider a group planning and covering up the 9-11 attacks to be CIA, as to say that the US Navy pulled off the Pearl Harbor attack of 1941, and framed the Japanese for it.

I don't rule out CIA complicity in diverting public attention from embarrassing connections, but that's not the same as planning, knowing the specifics of, and executing the attack. I do suspect that the 9-11 attack pilots were US-trained Saudi fighter pilots.

11. superstring01 Moderator

Indeed. I've been saying as much for a year.

It may sound cliche, but "The terrorists win if we are forced to change our way of life."

Rebuild. Move one.

~String

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

String: "Rebuild. Move [on]."

Amen. & don't forget Bring Our Troops Home, too.

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert title here)

Fomenting a crack epidemic was a bad enough idea. There is, even by the concept of honor among thieves, a clear difference between doing something as stupid as pushing crack into poor neighborhoods and consciously and deliberately aiding and abetting a murderous assault by foreign agents against a civilian center.

It would, indeed, be a devastating blow against my understanding of the world to find that such a grotesque accusation was true.

The proposition that our leaders were so inept as to simply blow it—and in this, we are not, as a nation, without culpability, but it is a different brand of culpability—is, while sickening, entirely imaginable.

That our federal government should, as the theory has it, with knowledge of what was going to happen either refuse to prevent it or, perhaps, in some way aid and abet the crime, would suggest a moral and ethical nadir of such sinister proportions that I cannot, at this time, reasonably calculate the implications thereof.

If the case is ever proven to a certain degree—for, truly, few things are so clearly writ in history, except by accident of myopia—I'll deal with it then. In the meantime, given the severity of the accusation and what its truth would imply, I do not think it unreasonable to wait for better evidence than half-cocked theories by disaffected neighbors seeking to remind how much smarter they are than anyone else in the world.

Maybe this book is the one. I'm guessing not, though. Nor will I hold my breath for that day of damnation when we might justly indict officials for aiding and abetting Al Qaeda's assault against the United States of America.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

This is just plain silly - and buying into this 'theory' goes way beyond silly. I won't even mention the words I have in mind for it.

The intelligence agencies blew it by not linking things together quickly enough - that's it, plain and simple. Please show me where it's written that the good guys always know exactly what to do and when to do it.

You can bet your last dime that it it were not for the fact that foolish people would swallow this idea, and thereby buy the book, it would have never been written or published in the first place. This is nothing more than cheap drama that so many crave.

And it also takes advantage of the fact that there are less-than-intelligent people by the scores out there who believe the government is responsible for every bad thing that happens.

15. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,3626100,00.html

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Just more wothless pandering to the unintelligent masses. Bin Laden had TONS of money and help from individuals and groups the world over.

This whole thing is just attention-getting nonsense. Period.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Giulietto Chiesa: "For me the most important contradiction is how the air defences of the greatest military power on the planet failed to prevent such attacks occurring..."

It only takes a little determination, imagination, and a lot of hatred to cause carnage, shock, and awe on a massive scale, exploiting the high-energy nature of any technologically-advanced society. The power for any determined small but intelligent group to disrupt is under continuous exponential growth, without any possibility of acceptable and effective physical countermeasure. That these things don't happen more often (that more people don't upset the applecart) is a testament to our adaptive advancement: Although it is getting easier to disrupt societies, the consequences are becoming wilder, and awareness of the danger of unpredictable consequences is affirmed and reinforced by our ancient survival instinct.

"...and that no interceptor fighter planes or rocket systems were ever activated."

They are still not activated, in any way that can prevent attacks as innovative and audacious as 9-11. Nor are they activated in any way so as to cause the many minor mistakes of communication and navigation that continually occur aboard airliners to result in a repeat in the USA of what happened to Iran Air 655. We could never live in our own hair-trigger killzone fortress cage, and just go on with life as before (as when our weapons regularly kill foreign non-combattants). Those who suggest we are safer from attack now than we were before 9-11 are liars, and deniers of inevitable consequence. What we have is a charade of heightened security conceived in and dedicated to the proposition of turning fear into profit and power.

18. Balerion Banned Banned

How do people not understand that a plot on this magnitude would have come out in the open years ago? I mean, you have to assume that there wasn't one legitimately patriotic person in Washington to believe that this was an inside job, or that they let it happen. You'd have to assume that not one person in the know had any sense of what we'd consider to be moral values. Everyone involved would have had to willingly allow thousands of innocent citizens to die without saying a word to stop it, nor a word to bring those responsible to light.

That is too much to ask me to assume.

We found out about Watergate, we found out about Iran/Contra, we found out that Bill Clinton was getting freakin' hummers in the Oval Office for Christ's sake! How are you going to convince me that thousands of people in Washington are keeping this shit secret? Come on, be smarter than that!

19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

JDawg: "Come on, be smarter than that!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

MG: I like that phrase a lot- it's often so fitting around here. May I use it with your permission?

That's like Tom Hanks' great line in League of Their Own: "What are you.. There's no crying in Baseball!?!"

20. countezero Registered Senior Member

Clearly, you don't know what you're talking about.

The CIA never pushed drugs in the black community.

The source of that bullshit was a ridiculous news story and a certain loopy Senator from California, and it has been disproved since.

CIA also had nothing to do with the AIDS virus. The source of that is KGB propaganda put out to embarrass the agency.

Try reading sometime. It helps.

21. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Ex-CIA Exec Facing Trial Says He'll Expose Agents, Programs

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/0908/552040.html

What can possibly be so sensitive?

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He's dead meat. I predict "suicide".

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No he will be run over by a Bus, from the Obama Campaign.