Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I feel we need a place to post our random thoughts, so here one is.

My random thought:Chairs

I think most of humanity's problems could be solved if we simply had more comfortable chairs. Take the middle east. If someone donated a few hundred million comfortable chairs, the people would be less violent. They'd be more inclined to simply enjoy their chairs.

Who designs chairs, anyway? I have never seen a truly comfortable office chair, but wouldn't this increase productivity? Computer chairs need a complete redesign, as well. Perhaps something that straps you into a 5 point harness, then elevates you towards your computer screen.

Look at Africa, as well. Tribal villages, the people are barely subsisting. Give them some comfortable chairs, a whole new lease on life.

Ever been to a church? Who gets the comfortable chair? The preacher-that's it! If churches had comfortable chairs, more people would attend.

Government meetings are almost never held in comfortable chairs, which probably makes diplomacy more difficult. The sides already have issues, but now, they are thinking about their uncomfortable chairs. Perhaps the first words uttered by an ambassador to the UN that will bring about world peace will be,"Man, these are some awesome chairs!"

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Who decided cars should have 4 wheels? Why not six? Why not 3? With 6 wheels, you'd have more traction in adverse conditions, and with 3, you'd have more maneuverability. Doesn't tire and prake production use fossil fuels? Perhaps 3 wheels is the way to go, then. Global warming means less snow and ice for the near future, so 6 wheels isn't so helpful.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's the lowest number that provides sufficient stability.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Another thing that might lead to world peace-a daily government required nap. I find I become more cranky as the day wears on, and when I was working, it was really noticable an hour or two before quitting time. If everyone, from beggars to ceo's had to take a one hour nap every day after lunch, people would be less militant.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yea, but you can hardly force them to sleep.

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

It would be one way of discovering those who are anti-system.
    Take them out and execute them.

Pour encourager les autres

10. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Sure, you could force them. At 12 noon every day in each time zone, a heavier than air sleeping gas could be pumped into area with population. Nighty-night, kids.

On reflection, though, I think ccomfortable chairs would have a much bigger effect.

11. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I think that all military and diplomatic disputes should be resolved in large scale games of tiddlywinks played by the leaders of the countries'.

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

What impact would that have on defence research?
    More jobs?

13. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Absolutely. Special materials for one's national tiddlywinks. Satellites' to track by GPS each tiddlywink. I'm sure it would also become an international sport.

Speaking of international sports-how about headbanging? No, not the heavy metal type. This would involve prebuilt walls. Each member of a team would have the opportunity, while avoiding being tackled, to slam their forehead into a brick wall. The first team to drop their brick wall wins. After 3 hours, the winner is declared from the team with the most serious head injury.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I'm sure there'd be volunteers.
    Especially if it was televised.
    Cheap and easy shot at fame...

15. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I think we should dissolve all nations and seperate peoples by their favorite colors. Just picture it, go to your local mall, there's your favorite color. Your national colors? Shades of your favorite color. Every car would be some version of your favorite color. You could even airdrop dye of your favorite color onto all the fauna. Wars could then be fought by paintball, or even just chasing each other around with paintbrushes.

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Make your mind up: paintball, paintbrushes or tiddleywinks.
    The general's stood outside with his cheque book waiting to place orders with TRW and Boeing.

17. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Perhaps paintball at first, then as the infantry closes to paintbrush range, they begin to paint. Then, as the final solution, rather than the conflict turning nuclear, they airdrop the tiddlywinks.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Is nosepicking medically recognized as good hygiene? Or is it bad, because the mucus is removed from the nasal passages, allowing more bacteria through? What about people that pick their nose, then eat it? Are they now ingesting diseases that were otherwise caught by the mucus? When you sniff, where does the air go? If you burp through your nose, shouldn't you be able to smell the burp? Does air have a smell? Should we be inhaling the stuff? Seems wreckless to inhale something that contains all these impurities.

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Well you're certainly not stinting on the budget. The troops won't be able to complain that they're under-equipped.
    Will we have to re-align the force structure immediately or do we have an ease-in period?

20. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Immediately. And we'll begin airdropping comfy chairs at 0900. The CDC will be around about the nosepicking and the hazards of ingestion.

21. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

What the hell use is an appendix? Did it once have some kind of regenerative use? Is it like the stinkpouch skunks have? Or was it like a spare stomach, in case the herd moved faster than you did? Perhaps a water pouch? Maybe it's just a poison sack that God used for a kill switch.

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

We could start a propaganda information campaign on the benefits of nose picking/ ingestion aimed at the, um, less desirable elements of the world population.
    After all, if they kill themselves by their own habits it's not our fault.

23. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I wonder, if we launched all the nuclear weapons in the world at Jupiter, would it create a second sun? It would make driving at night much easier, I think.