Luxor Hotel disappearing corridor

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by tablariddim, Aug 23, 2008.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I stayed at the Luxor Las Vegas a couple weeks ago and had this really strange experience. From our floor the lifts descended to the ground floor in one particular corridor with lifts on both sides. At both ends, the corridor turned into another corridor that led more or less directly into the hotel reception area that is it didn't matter which lift you came out of, you turned either left or right and it led you to an exit corridor (to the reception) on either side.

The 2 exit corridors are quite different, one is a straight through and the other passes through a small lobby with vending machines in it before you enter the reception area. On 3 occassions when I took that particular corridor to reach the reception I would end up in a small room with no exits, so I would have to go back and use the straight through corridor. I never had a problem when I went in the opposite direction that is from the reception area I entered the small lobby area with the vending machines, continued for a few metres turned the corner and I was in the corridor with the lifts. On other occassions I took exactly the same route from the lifts and walked through the lobby into reception without any problem, it was pretty weird.

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel or encountered similar phenomena?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The only thing that "disappeared" was my money at the gaming tables!:wallbang::itold:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

That 's why locals call the place Lost Wages.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Me and a friend once bumped into another friend who informed us he was lost. This happened at the bottom of blokes road so it was very strange.

8. oiram Registered Senior Member

My question is why even post such a question, if the hotel confused you that much try staying at another hotel next time like treasure Island at least that way if you get lost you can say you were marooned on an island.

I heard one time somewhere that some of the hotels are designed to get people lost so they will end up staying there longer and either spending money on a meals or pay phones, gambling and if the hotel is lucky they might even rent a room out of the situation.

And two things that always get lost in Las Vegas is your money and your virginity (if you hadn’t already lost the later somewhere else) ……….

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Some hotels are designed to be confusing, this either means so the average punter can't escape the sales pitches or so there is some story to share with other people that gets them coming back to the hotel.

10. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

All hotels in Vegas are designed so that you do not know the time of day or the way out. They don't want you to leave!!!!

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

The hotel did not confuse me, I'm saying that a corridor appeared and reappeared of its own accord; obviously a warp in the space/time continuum. There's probably a Luxor hotel in another dimension that doesn't have the corridor with the lobby:shrug:

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I knew how to get out; it's a horrible place.