Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 761

Thread: Muslim Experience in America

  1. #61
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    786
    Hmm yah. That could do it. But according to an acquitance of an acquitance, working at the airport it is not uncommon that they set off the metal detector on purpose in order to search someone "suspicious" more thoroughly (unrelated to the actual pass control that is). But they also do it on more or less random intervals (I think he mentioned that if the metal detector does not respond on its own they were supposed to set it off every now and then to fulfill some quota).

  2. #62
    Back from the dead Mr.Spock's Avatar
    Posts
    6,938
    Quote Originally Posted by mike47 View Post
    Security of any nation is a top priority and it should always be . However there is a difference between doing security and intelligence work and discriminating against a minority for political propaganda . We are all humans and human rights ought not to be written off the books for a political agenda that goes far beyond security and safety of the nation as a whole .
    bleeding heart people will be the end of our civilization.

  3. #63
    Mourning in America madanthonywayne's Avatar
    Posts
    12,406
    Quote Originally Posted by John99 View Post
    Look at this video and listen to the end of it, it is ver telling.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLK1Xpc7SMQ
    I couldn't watch to the end, I was getting too pissed off.

  4. #64
    Back from the dead Mr.Spock's Avatar
    Posts
    6,938
    Quote Originally Posted by madanthonywayne View Post
    I couldn't watch to the end, I was getting too pissed off.
    well get used to it, soon one of them will be your president.

  5. #65
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by CharonZ View Post
    Hmm yah. That could do it. But according to an acquitance of an acquitance, working at the airport it is not uncommon that they set off the metal detector on purpose in order to search someone "suspicious" more thoroughly (unrelated to the actual pass control that is). But they also do it on more or less random intervals (I think he mentioned that if the metal detector does not respond on its own they were supposed to set it off every now and then to fulfill some quota).
    Oh I never get searched because of any detector [in fact, I wonder what they might think of any radioisotopes or toxic chemicals if I carried them from the lab], my ticket is usually marked "Security Check"
    Quote Originally Posted by madanthonywayne View Post
    I couldn't watch to the end, I was getting too pissed off.
    YOU got pissed? Wow.

  6. #66
    We all know there are non Muslims in U.S who do the same thing and as far as i can tell the Middle Easterners in U.S are fine (yes, even Muslims...of course) and are treated no differently than anyone else. Granted it is getting a little crowded in U.S.

    Now Canada is where i may end up settling down in. Way up north.
    Last edited by John99; 08-07-08 at 08:20 PM.

  7. #67
    Why do they sound like girls?

  8. #68
    To be honest i am attracted to Indian women.

  9. #69
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM
    Oh I never get searched because of any detector [in fact, I wonder what they might think of any radioisotopes or toxic chemicals if I carried them from the lab]
    Trouble. Big time. However, normally the amount of radioisotopes is generally so low that it is usually not readily detectable (unless you did a major mess, but even so it is only detectable for a limited time.... and you do wear a labcoat, don't you ).

    Same goes for toxic chemicals as exposure should also be limited. More tricky are less dangerous stuff with which you can get into contact (e.g. nitrate containing media). Or if your laptop gets contaminated with it (nitrates that is, not toxic compounds).

    Ow and if you carry isotopes with you around just for kicks, well then it is probably almost ensured that you will meet some friendly guys from the FBI.

  10. #70
    "and you do wear a labcoat, don't you "

    yup

  11. #71
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by CharonZ View Post
    Trouble. Big time. However, normally the amount of radioisotopes is generally so low that it is usually not readily detectable (unless you did a major mess, but even so it is only detectable for a limited time.... and you do wear a labcoat, don't you ).

    Same goes for toxic chemicals as exposure should also be limited. More tricky are less dangerous stuff with which you can get into contact (e.g. nitrate containing media). Or if your laptop gets contaminated with it (nitrates that is, not toxic compounds).

    Ow and if you carry isotopes with you around just for kicks, well then it is probably almost ensured that you will meet some friendly guys from the FBI.
    Nah I don't glow anymore, the tritiated hydrogen and 14C are in the past. And of course I wore a lab coat.

    I'm trying to think of any nitrates but its only PCR-DGGE these days I'm afraid, the stuff is only carcinogenic. Not likely to set off any sirens, I hope.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    I've been more frequently set aside for security checks at American airports due to marks on the ticket. Its supposed to be random so either I'm just the lucky one everytime or the Muslim name makes it necessary. This has not happened outside the US, in Europe or Middle East and never in India.
    Maybe they just like to feel you up SAM - take it as a compliment


    I just stayed in Philadelphia with my Muslim friend in his house with his Muslim flatmate and they are as American as apple pie. They are NOT treated any differently than anyone else and they do not act any differently than anyone else. They are your typical Americans. With the minor exception that they think Jews are, in general, a bit arseholeish. But, we still went partying with some cute Jewish NY models over the weekend in the Hampton's

  13. #73
    Registered Senior Member Buffalo Roam's Avatar
    Posts
    16,931
    Quote Originally Posted by madanthonywayne View Post
    I couldn't watch to the end, I was getting too pissed off.
    Time to flush a few Qurans, some target practice to?

  14. #74
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    One million dead not enough for you?

  15. #75
    Registered Senior Member Buffalo Roam's Avatar
    Posts
    16,931
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    One million dead not enough for you?
    Are a 100 million enough for Islam?

    Moslems demand absolute respect for their Religion and Icons, to the point of killing over cartoons.

    So, I want to flush a Quran and Use it for target practice and you get pissy.

    How about I soak a few Quran in Molasses and feed them to the Hogs.

    If Islam wants their Icons, and Religion, Respected, then they should respect other religions, and Icons as well.

  16. #76
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    This from an occupier, who kills people for being different. In THEIR country. Sheesh.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    This from an occupier, who kills people for being different. In THEIR country. Sheesh.
    Al Qaeda in Iraq killing Iraqi Sunnis -- men, women and children -- in THEIR country?

    In case you haven't noticed, Americans are now invited guests of Iraqis. Have been for some time now.

    Don't let reality intrude on your prejudices.

  18. #78
    Registered Senior Member DiamondHearts's Avatar
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Spock View Post
    well get used to it, soon one of them will be your president.
    Barack Obama is not Muslim.

    It is people like you and these racist Republicans who assign criminality based on religion.

    You, and people like you, want others to believe that the majority of the Muslims are evil and need to be discriminated against.

    Even though he isn't, if Obama was Muslim, what would be wrong with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Al Qaeda in Iraq killing Iraqi Sunnis -- men, women and children -- in THEIR country?

    In case you haven't noticed, Americans are now invited guests of Iraqis. Have been for some time now.

    Don't let reality intrude on your prejudices.
    Reality? What the heck are you talking about?

    I think you are getting different groups mixed up in your comment.

    Also, we are not talking about Iraq, we are talking about Muslims in America.

    Israelis and Republicans, STOP TRYING TO DERAIL THIS THREAD.

    MODERATORS, WHERE ARE YOU?

  19. #79
    Caput gerat lupinum GeoffP's Avatar
    Posts
    20,998
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondHearts View Post
    Soundvision is an old prosetylization site.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondHearts View Post
    There is very little political freedom for Muslim groups in the US, when peaceful organizations like CAIR are labeled as terrorists, then what other example needs to be given?
    CAIR was founded by the Muslim Brotherhood and is an unindicted co-conspirator in terrorism, besides being linked with Hamas. It's officials are particularly noted for islamic supremacist statements and individual support of terrorism and hatred. They're also a little slow to condemn islamic terrorism. So if that's your example of a "peaceful" organization, then what other example needs to be given?

    The good news is that at least their membership has plummeted since 9/11. Looks like some of their members started putting two and two together. Good for them.

    You know, given that you personally support the death penalty for apostates, your whining for the moderators to come ban people you don't like is really quite amusing.

    Best,

    Geoff

  20. #80
    Registered Senior Member DiamondHearts's Avatar
    Posts
    2,558
    If anyone questions CAIR and says that CAIR sponsors terrorism. please provide proof, particularly from a government website.

    It is interesting to note that the US government has formally denied that CAIR has any connection to terrorism. Those who wish to portray as a terrorist organization want to weaken the political and civil position of Muslims in this country.

    NOTE: I will not respond to any personal attacks.

Similar Threads

  1. By darini in forum Linguistics
    Last Post: 05-14-08, 06:22 PM
    Replies: 19
  2. By Brian Foley in forum World Events
    Last Post: 10-25-07, 11:36 PM
    Replies: 62
  3. By Brian Foley in forum World Events
    Last Post: 05-25-07, 10:13 PM
    Replies: 42
  4. By Buffalo Roam in forum World Events
    Last Post: 10-23-06, 06:59 AM
    Replies: 87

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •