Muslim Experience in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DiamondHearts, Aug 6, 2008.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

I was debating John in another thread and he brought up a point which I feel needs more elaboration.

I am including a link which I think everyone should read before commenting on this thread: Arab girl's experience in US prison after 9/11

This is not uncommon, by the way. Muslims in America are the victims of prevalent hate crimes, discrimination by law enforcement, rape, murder, and imprisonment for political views.

Many Americans act like Muslims feel safe and secure in American society. This is far from truth.

If you know any stories or articles, please share with the rest of us.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I've been more frequently set aside for security checks at American airports due to marks on the ticket. Its supposed to be random so either I'm just the lucky one everytime or the Muslim name makes it necessary. This has not happened outside the US, in Europe or Middle East and never in India.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

what? no!!! a peace loving muslim such as you? why on earth will they check you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I like all my body parts firmly attached to me and functioning, thank you.

9. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

One time, I saw some American inspection officers in UAE giving an old Desi women, she must have been 90 years old, a very rough time, they were pushing her and demanding her to answer their questions (she answered questions slowly because she was so old). Needless to say, more than 50 Pakistani and Arab passengers gathered around and began cursing the inspectors and yelling at them for mistreating an old woman. They had to close the terminal for a few hours to allow us to cool down because they were afraid of a riot.

It's ridiculous how some people treat passengers (especially Muslims) as criminals, even while they have done nothing wrong.

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

if a muslim woman commit suicide, what does she get in the afterlife? 72 virgin males?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yup, and best of all, they are all Israelis. Hopefully they all look as good as Oded Fehr

12. John99 Banned Banned

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

its disturbing that what it is.

14. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Spock, stop trolling. This is about Muslim experience in America.

Moderators take note of Mr. Spock trolling on this thread.

15. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

whos trolling? im just stating my opinions. you are deliberately trying to silence me because you dont like my views. grow up.

16. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Spock, have you read the link in my first message. What do you think?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

From your link:

"At the time, Syria under Hafez al-Assad was anything but fertile. Bombings against the regime were frequent, as were mass arrests and torture, culminating in the 1982 massacre of thousands in the city of Hama."

Seems to me that the USA saved their asses and welcomed them with open arms. They came over on a tourist visa and never went back. The father partnered and opened up a store and they were eventually granted a green card.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Re: my earlier post, while I usually used to feel irritated/resigned/scared [cos you know of Gitmo and the like and American tendency to kidnap people and make them vanish]/upset/pissed/understanding [its all for our safety anyways], after watching Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo, I have decided that the next time I am at an American airport and set aside for a security check I will laugh.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Now what would the out come of this situation have been in Iran?, Syria?, Egypt?, Russia? China? Yemen? Libya?, Morocco?, Saudi Arabia?, Sudan?, UAE?, Democratic Republic of the Congo?, Mauritania?, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic?, Somalia?, Zimbabwe?

Yes, in those countries what would the out come have been? Rape? Torture? Summery Execution? would they even have been released? maybe a Gulag, or a labor camp?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Umm have you ever been through an airport in the Middle East?

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Have you ever had to extract a Friend from a Middle East Jail?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is it anything like Bagram?

23. desi Valued Senior Member

"Why was she here? For what? Because she had overstayed her visa and was now undocumented? She hadn’t committed a crime, and she was being punished for someone else’s acts."

The crime was overstaying her visa. You do that in a Muslim country and see what that gets you.

This whole incident is her father's fault for letting this happen. He should have went home or worked harder to get the proper papers. Acting like illegal immigrants aren't committing a crime is ignoring the law. I have yet to hear a convincing reason why the US should ignore enforcing its laws when every other country seems to enforce theirs concerning immigration.