Why some patients choose Homeopathy over Allopathy?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Dr. Nancy Malik, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Dr. Nancy Malik Homeopathic Physician Registered Senior Member

1. Wholistic Medicine
    2. Gentler system of medicine with no side effects
    3. Strengthens immune system
    4. Tried and Tested Medicines
    5. Long lasting to permanent cure
    6. Often avoids Surgery
    7. Cost effective

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you actually paticipating in our debate?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Where is your proof of ANY of those claims???? Things like the results of large clinical trials? All I've ever seen is the "testimony" of some individuals and a few so-called doctors.

Can you rise to this challenge with solid evidence or not??????

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Alternatively, patients could wait for enchanted pink unicorns and fairies to fly in through their window and cure them by sprinkling magic moon dust on them. This would be equally effective.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Of course, the real reason is that they're ignorant about the natural world. Oh, I gather that 'patient' is not actually your preferred term - 'mark' or 'victim' or somesuch is the standard nomenclature among hustlers, if popular culture is anything to go by.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Drinking plain water is "holistic medicine"? I suppose it does hydrate your body...

True. You have to drink lots of water to have ill health effects.

Not likely, given that it is just water.

Most of the properly controlled trials I've heard of have found no effect greater than placebo.

Most of the properly controlled trials I've heard of have found no effect greater than placebo.

Drinking water? I don't think so.

Drinking tap water would be cheaper.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

now james give them credit. It does do all those things IF the inital condition is dehydration and its better than renal failure

11. Dr. Nancy Malik Homeopathic Physician Registered Senior Member

1. Homeopathy is a wholistic medicine because the concept of disease in homoeopathy is that disease is a total affection of mind and body, the disturbance of the whole organism. Allopathy focuuses on just physical body. It thinks mind, emotions have no or little effect on physical body. They kept on focussing on organs not the complete body.

2. Homeopathy is a gentle medicine with micro doses. High mateial doses in allopathy results in large no. of side effects, many resulting in thousands of deaths worldwide.

A study reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that conventional drugs kill about 106,000 Americans a year, and this figure is limited to patients that die in the hospital, so the actual figure is unquestionably much higher. That makes prescription drugs the fourth leading cause of death in the United States (after heart attack, cancer and stroke).

3. With the massive way antibiotics (kills flora as well as bad bacteria) are being prescribed today they have suppressed and in no time going to destroy the immune system.

http://www.chiro.org/ChiroZine/ABSTRACTS/antibiotics.shtml

4. Homeopathic medicines have been tried and tested on healthy human beings. They are known, trusted, and reliable. Allopathic medicnes are tested mainly on animals before their use for human beings.

5. Homeopathy provides lasting cure. It enhances health and aims at well being rather than diminishing illness and absence of disease. Allopathy philosphy is that absence of disease is health.

6. There are number of diseases which are labeled as 'surgical', where homoeopathy works curatively and can avoid surgery except where tissue changes have occurred, or where there are congenital abnormalities.

7. Cheaper than allopathy

12. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Haha, good post Asguard.

And Malik, post some actual evidence for once dammit.

13. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Dr. Nancy Malik,

As you have failed, on every account (other than those already given to you) to provide any evidence to support these assertions, they are beginning to sound much more like a religious mantra rather than any sort of rational opinion.

~Raithere

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Nancy Malik:

You just repeated your previous claims. Why bother?

What are you a doctor of, by the way?

16. Dr. Nancy Malik Homeopathic Physician Registered Senior Member

1902 P.Jousset investigated the effects of silver nitrate up to 25c on mycelium. He found significant results in their weights, finding that the silver nitrate stunted growth. (reported by Gabriel Bertrand) “The Extraordinary Sensitiveness of Aspergillus Niger to Manganese.” Comptes Rendus Academie des Science; 154, 616, 1912

1906 Boericke and Tafel made an unusual observation of the emanations from a high dilute of radium bromide (30c), to photograph a picture of the outline of a key. (Tafel’s Jottings, 1906.)

1928 JUNKER, Hermann The Effect of Extreme DIlutions on Microorganisms Phluger’s Archiv fur die Gesamte Physiologie, 219, pp 647-672, 1928

1923 Lilli Kolisko, Physical and Physiological Demonastration of the Effect of the Smallest Entities. Der Kommende Tag, A-G Verlag, Stuttgart, 1923 pp. 1-10

17. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Dr.

Unless we can reference the studies themselves there's no way to validate them. Simply posting references to studies of unknown value doesn't help.

~Raithere

(edit) It appears as if these references came from here (http://johnbenneth.wordpress.com/about/) but there's still not enough information.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Oh, wonderful! References from the first quarter of the LAST century!! That sure gives you a lot of credibility for your claims - NOT!!

19. Dr. Nancy Malik Homeopathic Physician Registered Senior Member

research in homeopathy

Ok have some recent studies rgarding research in homeopathy

Bruno Brigo, and G. Serpelloni, "Homeopathic Treatment of Migraines: A Randomized Double-blind Controlled Study of 60 Cases," Berlin Journal on Research in Homeopathy, March 1991, 1,2:98-106).

Jennifer Jacobs, L. Jimenez, Margarita, Stephen Gloyd, "Treatment of Acute Childhood Diarrhea with Homeopathic Medicine: A Randomized Clinical Trial in Nicaragua," Pediatrics, May 1994, 93,5:719-25. This randomized double-blind study involving 81 children was conducted in Nicaragua in cooperation with the University of Washington and the University of Guadalajara. The results showed that, the individualized homeopathic medicine showed clinically and statistically significant improvement in the children’s diarrhea, compared to the children treated with placebo. Children that received homeopathic medicine recovered from infection 20% faster than the children treated with placebo. The children who were more sick reacted to the homeopathic treatment in a spectacular manner. In total the study used 18 different homeopathic medicines selected on an individualized basis according to the symptoms of each child.

20. Myles Registered Senior Member

Hi Nancy,

I recently asked you in what discipline your Ph D was awarded, and whether you could refer me to your dissertation. Knowing this and the name of the university in question could help me to take your claims more seriously. Can you oblige me ?

Myles

21. Dr. Nancy Malik Homeopathic Physician Registered Senior Member

Hhhhhhhaaaaaaaa. Why are yo so worried about my credentials? I don't want you to take me seriously.

I have not done Ph.D but BHMS, a regular full time 5.5 year medical degree that's neceesary to be awarded Ph.D and to get a license from Govt. of India to practice homeopathy in India. And my thesis was on NOSODES. But still I would say don't take me seriously.

22. Myles Registered Senior Member

It's clear you don't want to be taken seriously; so much is evident from your posts.

Is your medical degree in allopathic medicine ? Nosodes remind me of nostrums which were popular in the Middle Ages. If you wish to use the title Dr., I suggest you are under an obligation to declare what your field of expertise is.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  23. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

You're still referencing articles, not the studies. Do you have any of the studies? Here's the best information I can find on what you referenced:

I don't think this fist one is the same study but a similar study by the same group.

Even if we assume the best results are accurate and ignore the repeated null effect trials this is very thin evidence.

~Raithere