Fallibility and idiocy combine in psychistry

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by GeoffP, Jul 18, 2008.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This event takes the cake. It's bizarre enough that it seems almost dubious...yet, knowing humans, it actually seems statistically likely that it would happen sooner or later. I give you:

The Tale of the Psychotic Psychic
    Aside from the bucks.

Horrifying and shocking. And how was this known?

Astounding. And yet some propose to legislate such uncontrollable minutiae as the food preferences of children, under the blithe assumption of the fairness of the human mind.

Geoff

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Autistic children can speak for themselves, just because they have a learning disorder doesn't make them stupid to what is going on to them.

Autistic: a variable developmental disorder that appears by age three and is characterized by impairment of the ability to form normal social relationships, by impairment of the ability to communicate with others, and by stereotyped behavior patterns. (dictionary)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

True. She must have been an extreme case if she had a recorder on her the whole time. I have to admit I'm not so well read on it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Or she might have been very very young. One thing to remember is that autisim doesn't mean that people can't remember what's happening to them.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I will remember it alw...er..alllw...what was I talking about?