Discovery Institute Takes on Gravity Myth

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Jul 14, 2008.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

http://nakedloon.com/sci-tech/2008/07/10/discovery-institute-takes-on-gravity-myth/

Thought this was a good laugh and I would share with you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Yorda Registered Senior Member

this sounds very similar to something i heard of before called intelligent falling.

scientists have know idea of what causes gravity, and they probably never will. it's a philosophical or theological question. i could say that god causes gravity. or love. or maybe all matter has automatical attracting telekinetic powers.

i know that everything has fallen from the divine unity that we call god. so everything seeks back there. that's why there is gravity. the positive and negative (invisible) earth's love each other because they have fallen from unity into the world of duality, so they try to merge, and the result is gravity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Here in East Korea, we do not believe in evolution.

Or gravity.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

LOL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I thought relativity did not recognise gravity as a force?

10. CptBork Valued Senior Member

In the 19th century, Indiana's House of Representatives was very close to passing a law declaring \(\pi\) to be exactly equal to 3.2. Fortunately a mathematician happened to be there on the same day the bill was being debated, applying for funding for his university. He convinced them of the foolishness of the venture, but if he wasn't there it would have been railroaded through. Then they would have had to find a new letter whenever they wanted to describe something actually applying to real math

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh and S.A.M., relativity still considers gravity to be a force, it just redefines what a force is and how it acts and gets perceived.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That's would be quite a strange law.