Research in Atmospheric/Earth sciences

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by sheshu, Jul 6, 2008.

1. sheshu Registered Member

Respected Sir/Madam
    My Name is Sheshu,
    Iam from India. I have completed my MSc in (Information Systems)

I am a University Student in India and doing Ph.D on Data Warehousing and Data Mining. My research dissertation is Data warehousing and Data Mining Application on any Atmospheric studies.
    I am planning to do my research work on Atmospheric/Earth Sciences to integrate and process the large volume of one solar year (11 Yrs ) Atmospheric data for effective Decision-making and Predictive analysis.
    As a Computer Science student I am very much contented on my Computer Science technologies. However my research work was involved combination of computer Science and Atmospheric/Earth Sciences. Hence as per my research interest I have learned many fundamental concepts and techniques from various Atmospheric/Earth Science peoples and Books. I need to gain knowledge of many things for better Atmospheric Solutions. I am trying estimate the Critical and Success factors to implement the data warehouse/Data Mining solutions on Atmospheric sciences.
    I have contacted you, because of one of my university professor was suggested your name to contact any further guide lines to do the research on Atmospheric/Earth Sciences. My motto is" right people can provide right solutions"
    I am kindly requesting you please provide me some inputs on my Atmospheric Research
    Best Regards
    Sheshu

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

umm...we are a forum here...not some delegates accepting atmospheric science students...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

explain to me what you mean by: data mining solutions on Atmospheric sciences

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Andre Registered Senior Member

In our book data minig is selecting and amplifying the data that support your thesis whilst ignoring the data that contradict it.

That's how you spin hockeysticks.

8. sheshu Registered Member

Please ignore my post in this forum..

Sorry Gents,

I have found a solution for my Question..please ignore my existing post

Thanks
    Sheshu

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

Inmost cases if the quantity of water that is condensed in and subsequently precipitated from a cloud is known, you should be able to calculate the energy output of lightning storm, on average this is 3,6E13 joule meaning as much as a 20 kiloton nuclear warhead during severe storms it can actualy be up to a 100 times more try thinking of that when you sit at home during a thunderstorm

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008