Criss Angel MindFreak

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by shorty_37, Jul 6, 2008.

1. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I never really watched this show before, just bits and pieces. Today while I was at the gym it was really the only thing on other then the sports and news.

It was actually pretty interesting. He does some pretty cool stunts, tricks whatever you want to call them. I might try and catch some of the episodes at home and watch them.

Does anybody watch this show?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

sooo fake. usually those people just play along.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

have seen him do 2 tricks,one was very obvious, the other was a good card trick.im sucker for card tricks.
    he's a prick though,i wouldnt watch his show unless u have a high tolerance for egotistical homos.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah in just the one episode I watched today I could see the inflated ego. If that is the case, I probably won't last too long because I hate that.

He did do some pretty cool stuff today though. Regardless if it's fake or
    the bystanders are going along with it, he seems to pull it off pretty good.

8. Balerion Banned Banned

He is very charismatic, and decent with cards, but he is, unfortunately, a television creation. I used to watch quite often, just because it's a great show if you take it for what it's worth, but 99% of the stuff he does he couldn't do live. They're all TV tricks with paid extras.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

as with all entertainers he's got his own "style" of showmanship to attract those willing to want to be amused and surprised. All good magicians are like that.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah but he seems a lot cooler then lets say David Copperfield. The way he dresses and presents his shows. He is attracting a younger audience then lets say some of the other magicians out there. I think he has put a new spin on it and reinvented it again making the teen-30 something crowd more interested.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I thought walking down the side of the building was pretty cool....

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I never saw that. Like I said I just watched this episode because it's what the gym had on.
    I wanted to stick around because he was going to be buried alive in the next episode coming up. I was too tired and sweating my ass off though.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Always remember that with anything you always don't "see" everything that is really going on. He could have wires attached to him that they can eliminate during post production and all of the people there could be shills as well.

15. Balerion Banned Banned

Chances are his rigs were removed in Post, and the people they showed on the streets were hired.

And don't compare him to David Copperfield. David is one of the greatest showmen in the history of the industry. If it wasn't for the internet, people would have no idea how he does his current flying trick. And he does that literally on a stage in front of a live audience, and even brings an audience member on the stage to fly with him. Angel has to use camera tricks and hired extras. There is no comparison.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Chances are that they use the same trick for the same kind of magic. But if it feels good for ya, no comparison...

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Of course it's fake, all magic is fake. Even escape artists use tools, they just hide them well. Escapes from straitjackets involve positioning your body so they think they are cinching it up tight, but you leave yourself room.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

It doesn't matter if it is all fake, what matters is how the magician pulls off the trick.
    If they leave you speechless saying OMG how did he do that.....WOwwwwwww then
    he put on a great show.

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

It also helps if the favorite magician is not sued for rape....

Oh well, this rape thingy again....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(Copperfield was sued, just for the record)

20. Balerion Banned Banned

Actually, no, they don't. These guys don't share their secrets. Copperfield has a patent on the device he uses. Some nifty internet user managed to find the patent application on the net, and posted it. There is quite a difference in quality here.

I'm not saying Criss doesn't have an audience. I like his show. I just know that he's a TV magician, and that he can't do any of his big tricks in front of a real audience.

What does that have to do with anything? It only proves that he's not real good at hiding his wang...

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Shouldn't a real magician use his magic power and be able to woe the girl? Or at least hypnotize her?

22. Balerion Banned Banned

...I never said Copperfield used real magic...

But to answer you question as face value...yes, I suppose a real magician should be able to do that.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Hmmm I never heard that. Was it recently or a while back?