Gaza, the Killing fields!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganymede, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Dying Muslims? :yawn:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Just finished seeing it. You won't see this on CNN.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Natural selection.

8. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Greed.

9. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I watched the whole video, I found it interesting... it looked one-sided for the most part, but I was impressed the journalist interviewed the Israeli side too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if at least some of the incidents in that documentary were caused by psychotic soldiers who intended to kill the activists and children that got hurt. However it is easy to find examples of the same stuff happening in Israel too when this documentary was made. It was the height of the second intifada, losers were blowing themselves up in Israeli cafes and malls on a daily basis, emotions ran strong in both directions.

What the international media likes to talk about is the Palestinians' 3 to 1 casualty ratio during that conflict. What they don't bother to mention are all the Israelis whose limbs and eyes are blown off and their bodies mutilated by the shrapnel from these suicide bombs. They don't show the Israeli farmers who had to abandon their plots near Gaza due to sniper fire just like the Israeli snipers firing near crowds of Palestinians cause them trouble. There are a lot of outrages committed in both directions, and it's not accurate to paint the Israelis as living in some sort of vacuum where they just sit back, sip their lemonaide and watch the Palestinians suffer for their amusement. They're more concerned about their buddy who's now a living torso because of some suicide attack.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Since the Israelis are occupiers with a MILITARY, the discussion is moot.

11. CptBork Valued Senior Member

No, since the Palestinians are terrorists, the discussion is moot. Way to kill a debate there, S.A.M.

12. draqon Banned Banned

Since the Israelis are occupiers with a MILITARY, the discussion is moot.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You cannot compare an occupation of civilians by a military as equivalent. Its like saying Jewish victims in the Holocaust are no big deal because Nazi soldiers also died. Both of them do not have the same choices, do they?

14. draqon Banned Banned

well seems like the Holocaust in Palestine now is just being ignored, altogether.

If its not Jews, its not Holocaust.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its a question of choices. The Israelis have the choice NOT to occupy the Palestinians. The Palestinians have no choice but to defend themselves against a military occupation.

16. draqon Banned Banned

The only reason I am not supporting them is because I have no business in their war, it is not my nation.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is no excuse:

First they came for the Jews
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a trade unionist.
    Then they came for me
    and there was no one left
    to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

18. CptBork Valued Senior Member

S.A.M., I suggested in a previous thread that Israel should be offered security guarantees in exchange for abandoning the West Bank and Gaza. You said they should receive no such guarantee, you'd rather Israel fought for its own security to the bitter end. Well this is what happens when you force Israel to defend itself, you get hundreds of civilians dying and thousands of wounded.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you think Germany should have received security guarantees for WWII? What a silly notion. Who rewards an occupation?

20. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Your comparison of Germany and Israel is ridiculous. Give me one article about Palestinians being thrown into ovens and gas chambers. Interestingly enough, I can show you accounts of Palestinians doing that to jews. If you feel no sympathy for an Israeli child who gets hacked to pieces with shrapnel, then why should the world care when a Palestinian child rushes to a car with Hamas operatives that just got smoked, and gets hit by the secondary fire.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You think blowing off a kids head with a missile is not comparable to putting him in a gas oven?

22. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Not when the missile was targeted at a Hamas op carrying explosives in his car right next to the kid.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, like the Tom Handel assasination. What was it again? A single bullet fired at a camouflaged terrorist firing at the IDF?