Al Gore shows courage, endorses Obama (about 5 months too late...)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Syzygys, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Seriously Al, how long did it take for you to decide between Barack and McCain??? Probably flipped a coin...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

He was being circumspect. Duh.

~String

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

May be he wants to be a roving ambassador on Global Warming?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

5 months ago it wasn't clear who would be the Democratic nominee, and he's still friends with Bill.

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Oh, so he picks candidates based on who is more likely to be the winner? That's what I call principle AND courage!!! If he wants to be in the Clinton camp based on friendship, he could have picked Hillary. It is not like he is going to get hurt by Obama, because he endorsed his rival...(what could be a concern for those pussy superdelegates)

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I wasn't suggesting that but responding to the original post and title. He might have liked Obama to begin with, but didn't feel he could endorse him if Clinton had a chance. Maybe he's looking for a position with either candidate. Wherever he can do the most good.

EXCELSIOR!

10. draqon Banned Banned

Al Gore knew that Hillary was sidetracked by Obama, and he pledged allegiance to his nation...but his nation still chose the Osama.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

well, at this point a democrata endorsing another democrata is a meaningless no-brainer...

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

This was the dilemma in Gore's mind:
    Go with Obama: "Hillary will jump though the window cut of my nads and jack hammer my head in with her high heel shoe!! :bawl:"

Go with Hillary: "I will never be able to respect my self again, as is having had that women rule over me for 8 years doing the job that was suppose to be mine has made me self hating and mentally crippled!"

Now that Hillary has lock her self in a cabin somewhere in the Alaska mountains (or perhaps in a haunted ski resort) for god knows how long crying (I hope she does not come out as hairy as Gore did after doing the same thing after the 2000 election) Gore feels he can safely speak his mind without horrifically violent reciprocations for the Suprano/eer I mean Clintons.

13. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Al Gore could of ended this race months ago If he would endorsed Obama after he won 10 straight contests. I'm not impressed at all by this endorsement.