You don't Mess with the Zohan: Jewish Propaganda

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by draqon, Jun 17, 2008.

1. draqon Banned Banned

Seen the latest movie? You don't Mess with the Zohan portrays men from Israel, Jewish men who have the brain and the strength. Except for Superman, the Zohan is a Jewish caracter and his Jewish nature is being constantly repeated over and over again in the film.

Yes, tying comedy with political science will seem like heretism, but think of it...those who will go see this movie will have a sense of "Jewish strength" and have a stereotype of a Jew as being an intelligent and strong person. So trusting this intelligent and strong person to do the dirty work of bombing Iran for them would be subconsciously in those who watched this film.

But no you say, one movie alone cannot create a stereotype so strong to be embedded in our subconsciousness? No?...think again...the recent Borat caracter was repeatedly being portrayed as a "dumb" and "poor" and "gay", and Borat is associated with Kazakhstan, because the movie reiterated his origin from Kazakhstan quite many times for the stereotype to be embedded in our minds.

And now the truth...does Borat have anything whatsoever to do with Kazakhstan? No, not briefs, not an attitude, and not the morals.

So when you watch the "You don't Mess with the Insert here Jewish Stereotype" count the number of times the movie says he is Jewish.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CptBork Valued Senior Member

It's a freakin' Adam Sandler movie, for crying out loud. What other stereotypes are you gonna pick up from this guy? That golfers are selfish, insecure, lameass douchebags? That rich peoples' kids all like to get drunk and go chasing imaginary penguins?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

oh so...Borat was a good stereotype...when Adam Sandler is not a believable stereotype...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CptBork Valued Senior Member

No, Borat was a blatantly ridiculous stereotype. He went overboard and exagerrated with everything and it's obvious to anyone with half a brain who's watching. Plus if you think Borat's a nasty stereotype, wait 'til the new Bruno movie comes out.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Isn't Adam Sandler Jewish? Now a person isn't allowed to make fun of their own culture? Does Eddie Murphey know this?

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I thought that movie sucked not because of the sterotypes, but simply because Adam Sandlar movie usually bat zero, their is jsut something about them that usually scream "this is a bucket of adams crap, eat it!". By the way Sacha Cohen (who plays Borat) is jewish (if the name did give that away)!

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Um, it's a movie about a stereotypical macho person, an Israeli commando. I happen to know several of them, and yes they seem to be damn tough. They are also somewhat homophobic, like Israeli culture in general, that's why it's so funny that one becomes a hairdresser. Lighten up.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what is the difference between this movie and the one about the camando who gets asigned to babysit for a whole heep of kids?

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

They're coming to style you, draqon. Whether you like it or not.

13. draqon Banned Banned

I am more powerful then them, I am am a citizen of Russian Federation, the power of which is unsurpassed by any nation and only US comes close.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Together you will surely defeat the third rate comedian from Hollywood.

15. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Ve vill bury joo!

Ok, I can see how you might find Borat offensive, but I thought you guys hated Stalin anyhow, so you oughtta find this stuff funny too, his character is stuck in that era.

On a serious note, my parents just got back from a trip to Russia. They said everyone was massively corrupt (33% or more of the economy is under the table), vodka was everywhere, and there was tons of creepy superstition everywhere too. They said it was a beautiful country to visit, but also very f***ed up in a lot of ways, and everyone's miserable all the time. I'm all for Russia being a big and powerful nation, but I don't see why you have this huge insecurity complex- fix your problems at home, then you'll be happy for a change.

16. otheadp Banned Banned

I completely missed that part! It's even funnier now with that in mind.

Actually, at least half of the movie I was squirming in my seat with embarrassment because of Sandler's over the top portraying of Jewish and Israeli culture.

Still, it was a nice gesture by a comedian who specializes in the ridiculous to get people to lighten up. However, sadly, it is very telling when this kind of movie is produced in a Jewish Hollywood with most of the "Arabic / Muslim" characters even being played by Jews or non Muslim actors. (That hot "Palestinian" love interest is in fact a Jewish girl from Montreal, the lead terrorist is played by a Schneider, etc...).

When will we start seeing big budget movies from the Muslim / Arab world about reconcilliation and poking-fun-at-self stories?

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I guess then Rambo is the Catholic answer to this movie then.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  19. lepustimidus Banned Banned

I agree with S.A.M, for once. Adam Sandler sucks.

20. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

The stereotype of Jewish men as strong and vital...is not existent. Jews are portrayed (and the stereotype tends to hold) as scrawny and nerdy types in general. Woody Allen is a pretty good representation of a secular New York Jew.

Zohan goes AGAINST the common stereotype. Comically so, even.

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Goldberg also goes against the jewish Woody Allen stereotype:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In fact I have dreams in which Woody Allen goes to Israeli and is put up on a ceremonial platform and then Goldberg rips him in half with is bear hands as the crowed cheers amongst the sound of a living stereotype being disemboweled to end his embarrassment to his people.

22. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

One thing you'll allways see in Hollywood. Blacks being portrayed as n*ggers, Whites being portrayed as racists, Asians being portrayed as sumbmissive and linguisticaly challenged, Arabs portrayed as terrorists, Mexicans as crimminals, but you'll never see the jew being portayed as a k*ke.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I can see you haven't watched Harry and Kumar. It was written by two Jews so you can classify it as Jewish propaganda as well and in the latest one, there is a penny pinching Jew.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!