Why U Quit & How

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, May 31, 2008.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Tell us stories of why you've quit a job and how you did it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

How?
    Depends on the job.
    Usually I write a formal notice, but on one or two ocassions I've just not bothered turning up anymore.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Yes but I want story

this is about telling stories, can you make some?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. orcot Valued Senior Member

I ones had a inbred boss who wass completly lossed at the department he had a faint ID on what we were doing at the compagny but he really didn't understand the works nor did he knew any of his employees very well. He also left me ones afther a visit to some warehouse. He also forgot to buy fuel for the heating afther I warned him a couple of times many 3 or 4 days before we actualy ran out and then he tried to corect his mistake by putting I don't know what in it but it ended up causing minor fire damage.
    And all that before the end of my first week, I had more fun resigning then I ever had working there. Basicly it involved a lot of shouting the obvious.

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Story?
    Some jobs I left for a better one (more money/ easier work/ doing something I liked)
    One I left because I wanted to back to university.
    Some I left because I thought they were a waste of my skills.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I told one boss that I had an idea to help increase his profit margin by at least 25 percent without cutting any jobs or without any negative types of problems. He was very interested. I then explained that another company I talked to about the idea was also interested and would double my salary if I were to come and work with them. I then told my boss to either match the other companies offer or I would leave. He did and I showed him how to do what I said and he was very pleased with a increase of over 30 percent profit margin from the previous year. As long as you have another job waiting you have no fear in asking for more money or a change in your position.

10. draqon Banned Banned

I never quit anything, I always finish the job started.

I never give up.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I had a really really bad day at work. I was doing my work plus the work of a new hire, an older woman. I didn't want her to get into trouble so I covered for her lack of knowledge. Til I heard her cutting me down to a co-worker. I was so pissed I sent my resume out. Within a week I had a job offer for double what I was making. I took that offer to my boss and let him know. I explained everything and he begged me for more time. He went to the owner of the company and got me more money, but it wasn't double. The older woman was fired soon after I left.