Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Reason to like americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Getting a little costly to run that, eh suburbanite?
    I don't commute with it, I race with it. 118 octane fuel has always been expensive.

Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Pinocchio's Hoof's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tim840 View Post
    Yes! John Rabe = awesomeness!

Hey Pinnochio's Hoof, let's stop arguing about the atomic bomb okay? No one will ever win, and it's just making us both mad at each other. Besides, whether or not someone agrees or disagrees with the decision to use the bomb, anyone will agree that it was horrible regardless, right? So...truce?
    Ok sounds like a plan...
    we could go on for ever...

Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Pinocchio's Hoof's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    In China so-called 'fast food' is expensive. Relative to most Chinese restaurants you can eat at, McDonalds is a pricey affair. In fact, traditionally in China (as in most countries) the fattier, more greasy food is always more expensive. There is no 'health craze' in most parts of this country like you see in Anglo-west, so there is no expensive 'health food'. Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, etc. all are a bit different.
    Didn't know that... in France,Holland,Italy the 'fast food' industry is really cheap, in the UK as well as being cheap healthy food is also really expensive.

This situation was exemplified by last week's announcement by the Tesco supermarket chain of record profits of over £1 billion—the equivalent of £2.7million a day—at a time when around 20 percent of the UK population are suffering food poverty.

Britain's food retailing is the most concentrated in Europe, with the top five supermarket chains—Asda, Morrison, Safeway, Sainsbury and Tesco—controlling 70 percent of all food purchased. This trade was valued at £76.78 billion in 2000
    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/apr2001/sup-a23.shtml

In the UK to buy say 4 apples and 4 oranges will cost anything from £2.50-£5.00 ($5-10), for the same price you can buy....
    16 fishfingers..
    1-2kilo bag of oven chips..
    4 tins of baked beans..
    loaf of bread..
    bottle of soda..and feed 4 kids

There was a programme last year looking at why healthy food was more expensive all across the board...one of the leading supermarket names said 'it was an incentive for people to get healthy........

Also as around 20% are suffering food poverty this is where the obesity is mainly coming from.

And yes, Japanese food is very healthy. But many Chinese simply hate the Japanese and therefore anything Japanese is terrible and evil. To these people eating sushi is like being a monster. (Yet chicken feet and fish heads are somehow okay). Those who do eat sushi will justify it by saying "well, but I eat Chinese sushi... it's totally different."

No, it's not.
    Hmm I can relate to that as it sounds the same as France and England.
    Last edited by Pinocchio's Hoof; 05-29-08 at 12:30 PM.

Humans are ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Those who do eat sushi will justify it by saying "well, but I eat Chinese sushi... it's totally different."

No, it's not.
    Same as the difference between Turkish coffee and Greek coffee.

You haters make it sound like all Americans are the exact same person. They are all clones. No individuals or differentiation whatsoever amongst 250 million people.

I suggest you get off your Lazyboy or crawl out of whatever cave you live in and go meet some Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by OilIsMastery View Post
    You haters make it sound like all Americans are the exact same person. They are all clones. No individuals or differentiation whatsoever amongst 250 million people.

I suggest you get off your Lazyboy or crawl out of whatever cave you live in and go meet some Americans.
    300 million, you fucking clone!!!

Actually 303 million as of 2008. N.B: I was saying that to the guy before you, Roman

It is usually just ignorant people who are envious of America say things that generalize the entire American population.

To be fair, a lot of Americans really suck.
    Dick.
    HAhAHAHaaaaaa.

No, really, Americans are terrible people without perspective on how fucking great they have it. I feel bad for my countrymen.

The grass always seems greener on the other side. (Canada is an exception)

But... wait, what? I am on the side... I'm on the American side. My passport is blue and will get my head sawed off in some backwards oil rich nation.

To be fair, some Americans don't suck. But like anywhere else, the majority of people are average and lame. It's straightforward statistics. Idiocy is distributed normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo3Romeo View Post
    I don't commute with it, I race with it. 118 octane fuel has always been expensive.
    Oh. I don't know cars. V8 sounded like one of those trucks named after what they're supposed to drive over.