Is menstruation unnatural?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Syzygys, May 12, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I have this theory, that since in the animal world as soon as the female becomes ripe for bearing offspring, she usually gets pregnant. And once it starts, it doesn't stop until the female becomes too old to bear children. Thus in the lifetime of female mammals menstruation is rather the exception than the norm. I would guess they spend more time being pregnant or nursing than menstruating in their fertile lifespan...

Here is a woman who hasn't menstruated often in the last 20 years:

http://health.discovery.com/convergence/duggars/duggarfamily.html

Baby #18 is coming to the Duggar family!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

if mens need for masturbation is unnatural that womens menstruation cycle is unnatural

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what a pair of idiots, people like that should be forcefully sterilised. Yes its probably true that in nature the female is more likely to be preganant, unless there is a drought or she cant find a male or a 100 other situations but for humans wishing to live much longer than nature intended (ie till your older than 20) staying constantly pregnant is a VERY bad idea.

I once had a female gupy who got preganant to often because the other female had died. Eventually her uturus was pulled out of her body and she died. Pregancy puts a large strain on the body and its resorces and anyone with an IQ above 1 should know that having 18 kids means you cant give them the resorces they deserve.

8. Iris Registered Senior Member

Eh, I dunno, Michelle Duggar looks pretty robust and healthy to me. So do all her kids.

http://health.discovery.com/convergence/duggars/duggarfamily.html

It's not like she's some malnourished Third World woman obeying Nature's reproductive Prime Directive by helplessly producing sickly infant after sickly infant because she either can't or won't use birth control. The Duggars are making a conscious decision to have many-many babies, and they probably wouldn't have embarked upon this project if Michelle's health hadn't been up to the challenge, overall. If her health had buckled under the strain at some point, they would have said piously, "It's God's will that we don't have any more children" and she would have had her tubes tied, or else Jim Bob would have had himself fixed. And they would only have had "some" babies instead of "many-many".

9. John99 Banned Banned

So you want to forcefully sterilise people and Iceaura wants to take away money people inherit.:crazy: You really would rule with an iron fist.

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I suppose the first consideration you should make in answering the question is: "Does it appear to occur naturally?"

And the answer is: yes. It would appear to occur naturally.

So that's quite a big pointer.

I was quite tempted to stop here:

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I would shoot myself.

12. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Being pregnant too often is bad for your body. That's doctors usually reccomend waiting at least 18 months in between pregnancies. It takes about that long for your organs to move back into their correct positions and function normally again. And females don't always get pregnant at every available chance, just like people who are trying to conceive, but came up empty.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

So does the flu...

I feel sorry for you that you never come up with a theory, but hey, not everybody is as smart as....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So is life. It ends in death. Who says humans were meant to live long?

As long as a member of a spieces reaches maturity and replaces itself by reproducing, its job is done, evolurionary speaking....

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yes - that's natural too. :wallbang:
    At this moment I have an hypothesis. It is H[sup]0[/sup].

P.S. I haven't read the link, I can't be bothered.

15. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Don't know about unnatural, but it's kind of sucky.

I am currently doped out on Feminax for menstrual cramps. This after spending yesterday being pissed off for no reason because of PMS.

I envy men...they only have testosterone, no sketchy cocktail of hormones like us...

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Still. At least you can't get your balls caught on a fence, eh.

17. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

You don't know how easy you've got it - us blokes are equally at the mercy of our hormones - only testosterone can cause wild mood swings every 15 minutes or whenever a nice arse of great set of cans comes into our line of sight - or some other dude starts kicking round a pigs bladder - you've just got once a month to deal with

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But they create more wars, anger, frustration and a multitude of other feelings so they aren't any better off in the whole scheme of things.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Its natural for women to die in child birth, all these medicines,medical procedures and antibiotics are crimes against nature! We should go back to natural child birth were 50% of women die before the 12th child (natural death rate in child birth is 1 out of every 16 pregnancies). And considering that its natural for women to begin breeding as soon as they are fertile the natural and correct average lifespan for women should be 22-26 years. And it was natural for at least half of these children to die before breeding age, all of this pediatrics, plentiful food, lack of infanticed, lack of child labor and lack of cannibalism is just unnatural and wrong! And when resources in a area were depleted the death and birth rates naturally would equalized as people starved and killed each other, naturally.

Obviously women would rather live longer, have their children live longer, everyone would rather liver longer better lives! No matter if they were naturally meant to die by 30 or not. I don't care what is natural or was meant to be, all of our modern civilization which enjoys standards of living that are unprecedented in all of history exist because of doing thing unnaturally. Fuck nature I say, who says we should do what is natural? We see where natural takes us and we see were unnatural takes us, and the unnatural obviously takes us to far better things. It's time we take our evolution away from the slow and painful Darwinian and into the faster utilitarian Lamarckian were we design our successor by our wills alone, not by natures. It may in fact be our destiny to overthrow nature, the natural course of all intelligent life, the cycle is complete.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  20. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Agree with Electric Fetus.

Pretty much everything we do is unnatural, like wearing clothes.

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Here is something you might want to consider, if you don't plan on getting pregnant soon. There is a relative new birthcontrol pill that makes you menstruate only 1-2 a year. So you could cut down on your pain by 90% using it.

Just a thought...

22. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

The way I look at it is this: how animals do it and did we do it 10-20K years ago?
    I bet females didn't menstruate often 20 K years ago...

23. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Some support for that:
    But:
    http://www.cwhn.ca/resources/menstruation/obsolete.html