My opinion/theory about consciousness

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Tnerb, May 11, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Consciousness is something rare to speak of. If we say that we are conscious typically we are thinking about our very existence. Or perhaps not typically. I am conscious that I am conscious. I am conscious.

But what is so mysterious about consciousness? Is it that we don't understand how we are conscious(ness)?

Perhaps that is it. Consciousness exists however, for the very fact that I exist myself. Were I to not exist, I would likly not be as conscious as I am now. But that is another issue. The main point is that consciousness exists and that it is odd to consider consciousness.

Are we always conscious? Yeah, I think we are.
    Are we conscious of being conscious? Or is consciousness just something that is? I think it is just something that is. I can call my existence my consciousness. But it gets tricky doesn't it?

Consciousness also has various vibes; if we even consider it consciousness in the first place.

These "aspects of our existence" or "vibes" are things related to self determination and personal space. If my space is violated, or if I violate anothers space via manipulation, self determination violations at deep levels can occur; which leads to me believe that there is a sort of universal consciousness of some sort.

In short, I exist, therefore, I am conscious. I would go so far as to say that consciousness is something that has been debated for so long and yet no one has an opinion about the true nature of this answer for consciousness.

I would like to hear some opinions regarding these things.

Btw, I appologise for not elaborating on several key terms. I may do that in following papers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ronan Only Consciousness Exists Registered Senior Member

Conciousness seems to makes more sense when it is seen as the generator of world.
    Consciousness is thus related to god (even if now god became a bad word with so many different meanings). You are conscious of a world that sustain your existence. Without this world, you would not be there, so you have to be conscious of it to be conscious of yourself.
    But the world that you are conscious of is not reality because if it was it would have to generate your consciousness but it is not possible that some objects could generate consciousness because these objects are inside consciousness.
    Consciousness is the source, your existence is also not in reality but in your consciousness. So consciousness alone exist in reality. Or in other words reality is consciousness.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. granpa Registered Senior Member

consciousness is awareness of awareness.

computers know 'how' to do things but they dont know 'what' they are donig therefore they arent aware.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But if my PC gets a virus it automatically adjusts for it removing it from its system therefore avoiding self contamination. Isn't that awarness to a certain degree. :shrug:

8. granpa Registered Senior Member

it knows how to detect and remove the virus but does it know what it is doing? its just a reflex action.

9. Tnerb Banned Banned

Sounds like you're giving it enlightenment as a title.... an examination of the assumption that conscioiusness is consciousness of something.