Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 307

Thread: I Love Reverend Wright

  1. #21
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    5,590
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD_VOLDEMORT View Post
    He did not disown Wright,He disowned his comments and denounced them.Understand the difference.
    I understand the difference. Obama was the one who initially confused.

    And you seem to be basking in Wright's carefully orchestrated media campaign, so the question becomes, if Wright is such a patriot, etc. then why did Obama "disown" all these comments that apparently were taken out of context?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by countezero View Post
    I understand the difference. Obama was the one who initially confused.

    And you seem to be basking in Wright's carefully orchestrated media campaign, so the question becomes, if Wright is such a patriot, etc. then why did Obama "disown" all these comments that apparently were taken out of context?
    Obama "disowned" Wright's comments because highly-sensitive Americans, being told by the in-your-face media that they should be angry, would ruin Obama's campaign completely. If I were American, knowing Wright was Obama's pastor would simply make me want to vote even more for Barack. However, I'm not American, nor do I represent the views of the general public in the U.S. That is precisely why Obama was forced to "disown", to a certain degree, Wright's comments.

  3. #23
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    5,590
    Nobody "told" the American people to get angry.

    This is what amuses me about this situation so. Leftists and other Obama-lovers just can't fathom why and how these remarks legitimately pissed people off. And it's understandable. A good many of you believe the sort of tripe Wright belches from pulpit. That there are just as many who don't agree with it, and in not agreeing, are highly offended by the remarks just doesn't compute for you. It's impossible, right? So it must be the result of the MEDIA TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO THINK.

    What a joke...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by countezero View Post
    Nobody "told" the American people to get angry.

    This is what amuses me about this situation so. Leftists and other Obama-lovers just can't fathom why and how these remarks legitimately pissed people off. And it's understandable. A good many of you believe the sort of tripe Wright belches from pulpit. That there are just as many who don't agree with it, and in not agreeing, are highly offended by the remarks just doesn't compute for you. It's impossible, right? So it must be the result of the MEDIA TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO THINK.

    What a joke...
    Whatever you say. Personally, I've never heard anybody take the time to thoroughly refute his claims. Instead, I've heard time and again that he's a "racist" for saying things like "America is controlled by rich white men". If you ask me, only an idiot would deny that fact. But hey, what do I know?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by countezero View Post
    Nobody "told" the American people to get angry.

    This is what amuses me about this situation so. Leftists and other Obama-lovers just can't fathom why and how these remarks legitimately pissed people off. And it's understandable. A good many of you believe the sort of tripe Wright belches from pulpit. That there are just as many who don't agree with it, and in not agreeing, are highly offended by the remarks just doesn't compute for you. It's impossible, right? So it must be the result of the MEDIA TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO THINK.

    What a joke...
    OH JUST HUSH IT.

    I am sick and tired of you ULTRA CONS bitching about nothing.When will you all wake up and step in reality.The economy is ass and all your worried about is what someone else said,someone who is not even running for President.Then you blabber bullshit insults and criticism to what your ignorant of which is by far the most ignorant thing to do.The facts are the Reverend just said what many have said,those who do not agree with it are simply ignorant or delusional or playing the game of politics and denying the truths they have heard or read for years that they rub off as CONSPIRACY THEORIES with no facts,links,references to discredit the Reverend.Look at that speech,the Reverend is a genuis,he backs his position up with links,facts,references of books by many others who have come tothe forefront with the argument that the government and media covers up.That is the master speaker,the genius,a wise individual.You who disagree do not understand nor could you ever prove him wrong,you simply make statements about the man without even being aware of who he is.Simple utter ridiculous.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by countezero View Post
    Nobody "told" the American people to get angry.

    This is what amuses me about this situation so. Leftists and other Obama-lovers just can't fathom why and how these remarks legitimately pissed people off. And it's understandable. A good many of you believe the sort of tripe Wright belches from pulpit. That there are just as many who don't agree with it, and in not agreeing, are highly offended by the remarks just doesn't compute for you. It's impossible, right? So it must be the result of the MEDIA TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO THINK.

    What a joke...
    The sentiments didn't necessarily piss people off, but in this heavily religious country, your pastor's opinion is considered to have more weight than some random comment by a friend. I don't know why that would be, they don't have more knowledge than anyone else.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadark View Post
    Whatever you say. Personally, I've never heard anybody take the time to thoroughly refute his claims. Instead, I've heard time and again that he's a "racist" for saying things like "America is controlled by rich white men". If you ask me, only an idiot would deny that fact. But hey, what do I know?
    America has more black politicians and more black millionaires, business owners, school teachers etc. than any other country in the world.

    Far, far, far, far more too.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by John99 View Post
    America has more black politicians and more black millionaires, business owners, school teachers etc. than any other country in the world.

    Far, far, far, far more too.
    I could ask you to verify these "statistics", but I think I'd rather just say, "so what?" Most of the Black millionaires in America make their money from music or sports, which is not a realistic goal for the common Black people. The politicians who happen to be Black are never the ones making the decisions, further proving Jeremiah's point that America is controlled by rich white men. School teachers? Who gives a damn about that? Blacks in America are disproportionately poor and uneducated, which is due largely in part to the American government, and how it has crushed every single influential, vocal leader in the Black community.

  9. #29
    No, there are millions of poor white people in America. Just that you are happy about that so you dont notice it.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by John99 View Post
    America has more black politicians and more black millionaires, business owners, school teachers etc. than any other country in the world.

    Far, far, far, far more too.
    Quote Originally Posted by John99 View Post
    No, there are millions of poor white people in America. Just that you are happy about that so you dont notice it.
    Yes and they are oppressed greatly as well by your good ole government and referred to by the rich ULTRA CONS as TRAILOR PARK TRASH.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by John99 View Post
    No, there are millions of poor white people in America. Just that you are happy about that so you dont notice it.
    So what? You have your rich white people (who make up the majority of the wealth), and you have your poor white people. On the Black side, almost everybody is lower-class.

  12. #32
    Well the rich and successful ones are not oppressed. Maybe you should go to the black neighborhoods with nice houses and beautiful lawns. They are hard working people, no different from anyone else just like there are wealthy immigrants in U.S who came here dirt poor.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadark View Post
    On the Black side, almost everybody is lower-class.

    That may just be you opinion. Like i said, i know plenty of upper class African Americans.

    Besides there are rich white people all over the world. What about in your country?

  14. #34
    Registered Senior Member Cazzo's Avatar
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD_VOLDEMORT View Post
    Yes and they are oppressed greatly as well by your good ole government and referred to by the rich ULTRA CONS as TRAILOR PARK TRASH.
    Everyone has an opportunity to make something of themselves in the U.S.
    This "might" be an alien concept to you, but the people themselves are to a great extent personally responsible for their own condition.

  15. #35
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    5,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadark View Post
    Whatever you say. Personally, I've never heard anybody take the time to thoroughly refute his claims. Instead, I've heard time and again that he's a "racist" for saying things like "America is controlled by rich white men". If you ask me, only an idiot would deny that fact. But hey, what do I know?
    New York City could be shutdown by an angry black man — or so the news is telling me...

  16. #36
    Yeah, the Governor.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzo View Post
    Everyone has an opportunity to make something of themselves in the U.S.
    This "might" be an alien concept to you, but the people themselves are to a great extent personally responsible for their own condition.
    HORSE FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

    When your 24 years old and have been unable to get into school because you need a cosigner just for a fucking loan that prevents you from accomplishing your dream.Dont give me that everybody has an opportunity bullshit!,everyone does not have an opportunity,the mere fact that people are so strung hung on EXPERIENCE and never allowing those with the skill without the EXPERIENCE to bring forth a possible great change is a simple fact that everyone does not have the same opportunity.You have discrimination against many that prevents opportunities from happening.People like you live in a colorblind society and its pathethic.You continue to run your mouth about what you do not understand.You just need to stop embarassing yourself and looking a complete fool blabbering bullshit as if oppression does not exist.Step outside your own hypocritical statements and see the broader perspective.You criticize someone you do not know=FOOLISH.You claim Wright was wrong yet you just WANT him to be wrong=FOOLISH.You have came to the forefront with NOTHING to discredit or prove the Reverend wrong=FOOLISH.Do yourself a favor and refrain from your actions.

  18. #38
    Maybe you could not get enough money becuase you parent made too much money. I know when you fill out the papers for school loans they dont know what color you are.

    Your not helping Obama, just reign it in a little. Not everyone is going to agree with you.

  19. #39
    Registered Senior Member Cazzo's Avatar
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD_VOLDEMORT View Post
    HORSE FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

    When your 24 years old and have been unable to get into school because you need a cosigner just for a fucking loan that prevents you from accomplishing your dream.Dont give me that everybody has an opportunity bullshit!
    I earned my university tuition by working at a restaurant followed by 4 years in the military (and getting the GI bill). Anyone else could do something similar if they can't afford university tuition..............

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzo View Post
    I earned my university tuition by working at a restaurant followed by 4 years in the military (and getting the GI bill). Anyone else could do something similar if they can't afford university tuition..............
    No people with disabilities that are consistently denied cannot do it.No NY struggling victims who are low income and denied HASA(HUMAN AIDS SERVICE ADMINISTRATION) free housing and etc,no they do not have the same opportunity.Blacks that are discriminated by those racist whites in power that you colorblinds ignore do not have the same opportunities.You keep running your mouth from a blind ignorant perspective and you refuse to stop making yourself look a fool.

Similar Threads

  1. By Esoteric in forum Politics
    Last Post: 04-30-08, 04:23 PM
    Replies: 79
  2. By Kadark in forum Politics
    Last Post: 04-27-08, 09:41 PM
    Replies: 0
  3. By Ganymede in forum Politics
    Last Post: 03-24-08, 11:57 PM
    Replies: 11
  4. By Ganymede in forum Politics
    Last Post: 03-20-08, 10:49 PM
    Replies: 7
  5. By clusteringflux in forum Politics
    Last Post: 03-14-08, 09:02 AM
    Replies: 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •