free trade deal nessesary for our security

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

free trade deal
    Anyone see anything wrong with making the case for free trade in terms of scaring Americans and threatening that their very security is at stake?

If Bush wants to make the case then try and make it. BUT do not come at me with this bullshit that if we don't have free trade then we will not be secure.

God I hate this f*cking arse-hole.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

What, are you one of those people who can't seperate your hate for a person from objective reasoning.

Free trade is a wonderful thing, provided that both nations have near the same quality of living and manufacturing abilities. What George might be trying to say is we have to start inducing compnnies to manufacture their good here. The only way to appeal to the pocketbook. Since everyone complains about tax breaks for corporations then the only alternative is tarriffs on imported goods. Only makes sense.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Look TW Scott, I don't know Bush so I don't really HATE him. I do HATE his casual use of fear mongering. IT makes me SICK.

Ever hear the phase" The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"? THAT was a great phrase. Bush goes exactly 180 degrees from that and instead tries to use fear for war, fear for taxes, fear for trade.... it's f*cking sick.

Sadly, one day, someone is going to tell your grandchildren that for thier own security this person needs an additional 4 more years to make it 12. At 12 it will be 4 more. And then his son will be elected next. OH wait a minute THAT'S ALREADY HAPPENING!!!

Grab your head by the neck and Pull it out of your arse.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

TW this so called free trade is not free. Additionally it allows evnvironmental laws to be easily circumvented and allows labor conditions that we find aborent here in the United States. One could say it encouranges those behaviors.

8. desi Valued Senior Member

You better accept it or Osama might come back...

9. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

This will just enable the US to economically and politically screw over another country in Latin America, just like with all the other countries.
    Then when they fight back, they're labelled terrorists and a threat to security.

This isn't levelling the playing field. This is giving an advantage to an already superior nation.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually you'll note i don;t really think it is viable with nations with a different standard of living. Free trade with Britain of Canada is great. Free trade with Indonesia or Mexico is just a sick joke.