Full born atheism is anti-intellectual

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Tnerb, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

My view.

Atheism (as I have stolen the gods knowledge), is something which is both true and not true.

Therefore, it is impossible for someone to claim that there is no God. Claiming there is no god is like claiming that there is no intellectual being of any form of God.

Dissing the other religions like christianity is fine so long as you know precisely what you are dissing.

Now.

Discuss.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. toltec Registered Senior Member

There is no God.................

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. toltec Registered Senior Member

I studied you

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Atheism is reaching a conclusion based upon a lack of evidence. Doesn't seem prudent.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

For them, it is entirely prudent.... strange, but true......

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Everyone is Atheist for one God or another.

It still don't think it is possible to prove a negative. BUT, as there is no proof of (or evidence for) Gods or Goddesses I continue to lack a beleif in them.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its true. A full born athiest believes in nothing. What could he possibly think?

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If there's a God then let it show itself by striking sisyphus dead right now!

12. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

No. Atheism is reaching a conclusion based on an overwhelming lack of reasons to "believe".

You are an easter bunny atheist. That's a fact.

Everything about the god myth flies in the face of your experience of reality. You were taught to think uncritically about god(s) for many culturally defined reasons. That's all.

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

That "belief" is demonstrably stupid?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

See? Anyone who denies the one aspect that separates us from animals has got to be demonstrably stupid. :blbl:

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

We're seperate from animals? Wow. That's a new one on me O great and wise one.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not all of us.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Your premiss (sic) is false (unclear at best..).

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Clearly. You are obviously made of some form of lead, or other dense material (osmium?).

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i also must say that those who are religious, and base their beliefs on nothing more than indoctrination and ceremony are doing the same thing. for it is my belief that unless god puts the smack down on your ass, you don't know shit. and you don't have a belief, but wishful thinking, an agenda, a job, a codependency, or some form of coercion...and a lie.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to me and my personal experience with god. and if the flippin' easter bunny did to me what god's done to me in my life then i'd believe in his furry little ass too.

21. Tnerb Banned Banned

I appericate the logic.
    The one guy who studied me said that I think I'm anslem. Well, in this segment (the opening post); I had thought it was entirely clear and intact. That just goes to give my nature away.

The point is is that it is both true and not true . It is giving away to the whole basis of the thread. If whats his name can figure me out maybe I can too.

True because, there is good reason to hold atheistic beliefe according to the thread titles implications (the born non believers who continue such ways).

And true because they are right in their foundations but.

They are wrong to state that he does not exist when it comes across as a no for god. Is my premise.

A no for god is invalid and unacceptable.

A yes for god, is also somewhat unacceptable but much more acceptable given the nature that God contains. At least of my conception that I have of Him.

22. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

God didn't do "it" to you.

You are a believer. That's fine. Asserting things about god, as fact, the way you do proves that you have no ability to reason on this subject. Which I already knew. You will yell and jump up and down about the fact of gods existence. That's good for you. But don't expect rational people to be too impressed with such antics.

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You've yet to show us this "smack down" of hard physical evidence you have for your god.