What would you accept as proof that a god exists?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by capelli, Apr 8, 2008.

1. capelli Registered Member

Ok, I hope I'm not restarting an old thread here but I was wondering what you would accept as proof that a god exists.

This is not for those that already believe that there is a god but for those who says there is no proof or not enough proof of the existence of a god.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Dieing and going to heaven. That would do it for me. Too late of course, but that is what it would take.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. capelli Registered Member

Hah, yeah, I should have said in your lifetime.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Oh, he would have to descend from the heavens and say howdy. I would need face to face god time to believe.

8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

It would have to be something miraculous and spectacular to distinguish him from all the liars and wannabes and maniacs out there. Say, a simultaneous appearance to every individual on Earth, followed by a chat and a cup of tea in which He sits down and answers all of our questions, clearly and simply and comprehensively without engaging in Godly rhetoric or obfuscation.

He would, of course, also take the opportunity to wipe out all wars and suffering with but a wave of his Godly hand (or am I being a bit too Judeo-Christian in hoping that?).

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

for me it would take a personal interaction, which i've had...and so now i do undoubtedly.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

doe he have a beard? Is he white? Is he a he?

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The first chapter of genesis encoded in everyone's DNA.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

he's not a human (just a) and i didn't see him.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

oh. was it a voice?

14. Myles Registered Senior Member

Not human ? But we are made in his image and likeness. How do you resolve that problem ?

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I see that you've also fallen into the Judeo-Christian trap. Note that both the thread title and the content of the opening post are deliberately non-specific.

16. Myles Registered Senior Member

I'll tell you whether I believe in him when I see him in action. I would also ask him to take the James Randi test for miracles

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

He would have to star his own real life soap for a couple of months.. maybe, just maybe that would do it.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Irrelevent.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

there's a test for that??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Yes, but not eveyone who carries miracle may show symptoms..Talk to your partenr about miracle, it may be the smartest choice you can make.

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

it's been a lot of things. i have heard what i would describe as a telepathic communication, but overall, i would call it a message...maybe an impression. i've had lots of weird stuff happen to me orleander. and a lot of it, i haven't an explanation for except to say that there is a spiritual realm like there's a nose on my face. and some people are a lot more aware of it, and interact within it and with it than others. and i don't have to understand everything.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

it's not a problem. "in his image" could mean a lot of things, and if god is just a human, then he's not a god now is he? truth is, i don't know what god is...

23. Yorda Registered Senior Member

nothing weird has ever happened to me, but still i believe in the most weird things...