a philosophy isn't so until it's lived

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Tnerb, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

is a proposition created at times in a persons mind who deems the proposition to be true and worthy.

Moreover it is a true proposition due to it's self evident right.

The fact is, living something iis the only way to do something.
    The only way to experience some truth of some form of philosophy; it has to be lived.

Care to discuss?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Wow ! Profound question !

First reaction is to throw in the connundrum of the other profound question:
    "What is the menaing of life?" as I see the two share the same conclusion if not answer.....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

That is a profound question.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

I assume you were refering to the fact that living something is the only way to express something; whilist the meaning of life is the same thing.

The way of wording this is deep aand intricate and filled with the meaning of life; the meaning of life must suffice; otherwise we have an out-right panic.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

Should I perhaps hang that on my wall QQ;

9. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

You could turn it around and look at your actions and see calculate what your philosophy is.

I think you raise a good point. I also think we do not have single beliefs about many issues. I think we often have contradictory beliefs, which explains things like procrastination, freezing up, half heartedness, many reactions we have to things other people notice we have, but we'd rather not notice, 'hypocrisy' and the way we often try to convince others of things we don't really live out ourselves.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You are correct for if your not alive then you couldn't think therefor you couldn't theorize what possibilities exist beyond what you do while alive.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

You could turn it around and look at your actions and see calculate what your philosophy is.

The only point I wished to discuss in this post alone, haven't read the rest of the responses. But yeah; although my "point" is what the thread is about and not the nit-picking....

I can't say that a deconstructionalist philosophy would be of value here. That has no action in it.

Let's see what others say.