Where's The Media Hype On The Pastor Hate Speech?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cosmictraveler, Mar 19, 2008.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Remember when Republicans or the police make a error, they are shown on the news every minute of every day to excite people into showing that the police are bad or the Republicans are doing wrong over and over. Yet here we are only one day after the pastors hate America speech and all we see is Obama smoothing things out! Where's all the videos of the pastors hate speech now? Why don't the media shove that down everyones throats as they always do with those people they want to ridicule who don't go along with them or their view points.

The media won't show the hate speech over and over as they did when Rodeny King was being beaten up because the media is a bunch of narrow minded people that stir up problems to benefit their own views on what is right and wrong to them. The media is made up of nothing but stir to pot individuals who's goal is to disrupt society any way they can to move and promote their own agenda and protect those people they like.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No one wants to comment on the problem with the media but me??:shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

I agree and I've commented on it in other threads. I think most people here feel fox is the only major US news outlet that shows bias because the others are more in line with their personal veiws.
    Everyone seems to love Obama and want this to go away as soon as possible and many plain agree with the pastors comments.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So why hasn't the media beaten the hate speech of white preachers supporting white candidates into the ground? When Robertson endorsed Giuliani, where was the media hype about the allegation from one of Robertson's associates that he'd never seen the man with a Bible? Or the tales of Huckabee attending a Christian supremacist convention determined to seize the country for Christ? Or Hagee's hate speech? After all, McCain is the GOP front-runner. Is it because we expect the GOP to be religious whack jobs, or because Obama and Wright are black?

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i find it amusing that people say obama gets a pass by the media but he is the only major canadidate that is being hit by things of no substance

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's all over cable news.

10. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

That was the number one topic today, all day, on every program on the CBC here.

11. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

For the past 3-4 days its been the number one topic on all three of the talk show radio stations I listen to as well.

12. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Many black preachers are being given time which is quite informative for whitebread like little'ol me. They seem to have mixed reveiws on Wright's sound clips but are pretty united about the speach being good and a good thing for Barack's campaign.

13. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

This has to be a fucking joke. Every news channel i turn to I see the Pastor Wright tape. Every political show's lead story is the pastor wright tape, and it has been ever since the tape was released.

14. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

You don't have a shred of proof to back up that fallacious claim. Every Black preacher I've seen has denounced those statements.

15. LORD_VOLDEMORT Banned Banned

OMMMMMMMMMGGG I thought about making a thread about the MEDIA,they are pissing me off.

I be damned if they are still not talking about Wright.They are for the most part taking Obamas side,however they are still mixing controversy with these poor conservative responses to his speech and there ignorance toward why Wright was so angry.

I have watched them for 2 weeks straight every day.The media political analyst are ridiculous.Here is how the media operates when they want to bash Wright.

They turn on MSNBC get an conservative analyst like Joe scarborough to gather opinions from all white analyst who dont understand shit about the african american experience,and they all beat up on Obama.They make statements insulting blue collar white men/women claiming they will not be satisfied with the speech.That is absurd!,they are assuming that just because someone is white and not black they do not care about the black issues.This is preposterous,i am sure there is less care in these areas as it would be in the city,however the new generation of voters in most areas are OBAMA FANATICS and dont mind hearing bout the issues affect america at large.A recent poll showed 76 of Obamas supporters will still support him,thats a awfully huge number still after all the exaggerating about how most people will dislike Obama now because of Wrights speech.Many people are not stupid,they are aware of how the media operates.What is funny is how they get Pat Buchanan who i think is beyond the most inconsiderate analyst with a closed conservative mind unwilling to change that sits and gives an opinion,turn around and make it seem the overwhelming majority agree with him.This is not true,almost every single poll conducted has shown people believe this issue with Obama is not going to affect him.

Now people are beginning to see the republican strategist continue to bitch and whine with there unwilling to change mentalities they carry due to extreme conservatism.It is sick as hell and poisonous.If you literally heard Obamas speech and turned around and listen to the responses the conservatives have you can tell they were deaf ears toward it in the very first place.How could they continue to bitch about Obamas denial to denounce his pastor.When will they get it through there thick skulls that this is a man who said his pastor is like family,he cannot diss him for his hateful approach,no more than he can diss his grandmother for her hateful approach in her past.They try to make it seem the american people are going to say there is a difference between your grandmother and your pastor,yet in reality its just the conservative him/herself who actually just want to believe that is what the american people will say in hopes that the speech backfires on Obama due to there dislike of it.Its is sad and sickening.

What is worst is how they say how could Obama sit in a church for 20 years and listen to nothing but hate,that is an assumption that each and every time Obama was in the mans church he was jumping around the pulpit screaming curse words,damning america,placing the blame on U.s for aids and etc.This is a poor assumption that is angering Black america and many Obama supporters bigtime.The closeminded responses the conservatives have toward this is ridiculous,i think its an subconscious unawareness of guilt,denial or just simple ignorance.

What is even worst is how Tucker Carlson and others pretend there is no argument that aids was created by the government.There are a plethora of people who have argued this and due to there ignorance of this it just makes me giggle how they are quick to claim its false and its untrue.How could you jump and say something is not true when you have never heard of the theory before in your life?? When you can come to the forefront and discredit the evidence,links references that those who argue the origins of Aids was not from the government there statements has no credibility.If someone tells me something that comes off absurd or i have never heard of,instead of claiming its stupid and untrue show me the facts,links,references to back your argument.

These conservative analyst in the media are here to stir up controversy,which the media profits from bigtime because CONTROVERSY SELLS!.It is ridiculous and even Bill Clinton himself has attacked the media for the very same thing.

The media is responsible for alot more than what people believe.Honestly for the most part though CNN,MSNBC are trying to get away from the story as much as they did because Obama is still the frontrunner so they cannot go against the man who stil retains his popularity.Hell many conservatives like Limbaugh feels this was a political move to further strengthen Obamas transcending image which attracts even more voters who will see his beautiful speech and say

OOOOOOH WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN THAT REALLY IS ABOUT CHANGE!.

If this was Obamas plan(which i doubt he would ever take such huge risk)it was a damn good political move.

16. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Now, whereas some republicans do make truly stupid errors, I find othing to disagree about in the Pastor's speech. People get away with Lies about weapons and people, and the media don't do their jobs, Here, all he said was God Damn america, because it is getting whats been coming a long long time.
    . He's right, God damn america for what it has done to this world. He is damn right. This isn't unpatriotic, it's patriotic to criticize ones country if it is wrong. This is not hate speech. And the excerpt in question is in friggin 03, where the media was eagerly gearing for the war in Iraq.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

He seems to hate America when he makes statements like that. Anyway the major media TV stations are only showing Obamas speech trying to subdue the pastors inflammatory statements. They refuse to show the speech only after one day when he spoke it. I dislike the media because they only show what they want to show , not what they should be showing us like more of the pastors hate speech. We get to see Bush every time he makes a mistake so why not the pastor for showing us how much hate he has? The media want Obama to win the election and will bend over backwards to help him out of this problem but will only criticize Bush for anything and everything he does. Sorry, but I'm convinced that the media is nothing more than the Democrats lap dog.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Just because he seems to hate america doesn't mean he does. If he picked up a rifle and started shooting, then maybe he does.

The media are populists, All this liberalism is to compensate for Fox. Oh, and to sort of make up for going with the Iraq story.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If someone states that he hates America, I'd think that about sums up what he thinks, don't you? Or are you too just trying to make him look better than a hate monger?

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What's the difference between one who "seems to hate America" and one who "states that he hates America"?

Just curious. I mean, especially when it's the same guy.

21. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I didn't hear him say "I hate America", I heard him trying to make a point that's all. Blown way out of proportion by the media, but what else is new.

It's a bit like a politician letting an f-bomb slip on camera and having his career ruined because of it. It's stupid. God Damn the media.

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

He said god damn america, Is there a portion where he says, I hate america?
    If so, wouldn't the media,(fox especially) say so ?, but the media said, God Damn America.

He believes that God should damn America because of what it has done.
    Some individuals might take his message as hating white america, but it isn't. His message is that America is getting what it deserved after history of perpetuating injustices.

23. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Asking God to damn anyone is against Christian ethics. You're supposed to ask God to forgive, help and help you forgive even your enemies.