How high B.P. can be lowered without medicines?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by plakhapate, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plakhapate Banned Banned

After the age 40 most of the people have high B.P. problem.

Most of the alopathy medicines have side effects.

Hence how to lower high B.P. without medicines?

P.J.LAKHAPATE
    plakhapate@gmail.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

eat less food

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

dont eat fatty meats and lots of salt, exercise ect

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Caffeine is a natural vasoconstrictor. Give up coffee, tea, cola, chocolate, etc.--for the rest of your life.

Eventually you reach a point where you decide that you'd rather take the medicine.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Very Low calorie diet, less carbs, less meat, less everything, your breakfast launch and dinner should consist of a bole of salad, a handful of nuts and a side dish of air. Not only will your cardiovascular system be flushed cleaned the chronic starvation will keep you alive much longer due to reduced rate of cellular replication and damaged produced for metabolism. In studies with rodents they were able to increase their life spans by up to 50% (from 3 years to 4.5, for humans it would be from 75 to 100) although some of the mice shot them selves.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  9. kmguru Staff Member

Too much gunk in your arteries cause blood pressure problems (besides chronic stress like staying mad all the time). That may be due to the fact that less blood flows to the capillaries which sends a signal for more blood etc....there was another thread somewhere about keeping artery clean....

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Sorry i should have posted this before

BP is made up of two things

Cadiac Output multiplied by periferal resistance. The second one is where the BP generally goes up with age because the arteries are not as responcive and can fill up with plage or it could be static blood clots (thombosis) that fill them

Cadiac Output is made up of stroke volume multiplied by heart rate. As your heart rate goes up (through stress or lowered fitness levels) so does your blood pressure

11. kmguru Staff Member

What and where the sensors are to measure the Cardiac output? What the sensors are based on? i.e. do they measure the oxygen content or only blood volume or a host of the parameters?

Is not there medications that act on these measurements and signals that tells the heart what to do?

12. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Drinking plenty of(but not excess) water/staying hydrated can lower your BP as well, can't it?

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

kmguru:

Hang on what are we talking about?
    How PEOPLE mesure it or how the body does?

If its how people do i have no idea, as far as i know its not mesured.

If your talking about the body then we are talking about both the nervious system and the beta 1 and beta 2 receptors. I dont think Co is "mesured" per say like CO2 is messured, i THINK its a bi product of other body reactions ie the interaction between the sympathetic and the parasympathetic nevious systems. The para sympathetic is always resisting whatever the sympathetic wants to do so if you start excercising the sympathetic system increases activation without increase in the parasympathetic and so your heart rate increases, breathing, periferal arteries open up flooding the mussles with fresh blood ect

As for medications yes there are, they are the beta blockers

14. kmguru Staff Member

15. plakhapate Banned Banned

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

stop drinking coffee for the rest of your life, damn it, i cant even go 3 hours without a coffee

17. kmguru Staff Member

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hypertension or high blood pressure is a sign that the heart is being overworked. Untreated it could lead to congestive heart failure or atherosclerosis or stroke.

There are three simple ways to reduce the load on your heart:

1. Weight loss.
    2. Decrease sodium and fluid retention
    3. Improve muscle tone of heart.

For weight loss, the ideal is to eat a balanced weight reducing diet, with greater emphasis on consumption of fruits and vegetables. Cut down intake of fats, sugar, soft drinks, caffeinated beverages, desserts. Anything that leads to increase in the triglyceride and free fatty acid levels in your blood. This also reduces your chances of getting atherosclerosis.

Salt and fluid retention can be reduced by going on a low sodium diet. Substitute lemon juice for salt on salads, monitor and gradually reduce sodium intake to about 1000 mgs a day.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. Fluids like cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and herbal teas are good choices. The more well hydrated you are, the less your fluid retention

- Eat foods and fruits low in sodium or high in potassium. Citrus fruits and melons, salad vegetables (celery, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, onions) are all high in potassium which balances sodium and helps eliminate fluids.

-Sufficient calcium intake is also required to maintain fluid balance. Aim for 1200-1500 mgs per day of calcium. This works out to around 2 glasses of milk and a cup of yoghurt.

-Eat a handful of unsalted nuts daily and try to substitute other meats with fatty fish like tuna at least 3X a week. Fatty fish contain omega 3 fatty acids which have beneficial effects on inflammation and free radical protection.

To improve your muscle tone, add 30 minutes of brisk exercise to your daily routine.

Corn silk tea has postulated benefits on hypertension through its actions in reducing fluid retention. You could try it. I drink it regularly as part of my herbal tea cache.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  19. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

Meditation.
    Find stressful elements in your life and see if they can be changed or you can change your relationship to them or both.
    Enjoy yourself.
    Don't assume that watching a thriller or a horror movie is relaxing.
    Get out in nature.

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

If you are ever diagnosed with high blood pressure you'll probably have to give it up. I couldn't live with as much caffeine in my blood as you have as a steady state, they'd have to scrape me off the ceiling. But just one cup of tea shoots it up from 120 to 140, and two more push it to 160.
    The Hindu/yogi type of meditation that has become popular in the West is very slow and difficult for many people to learn. My wife has tried a Buddhist style (Vipassana) that seems to be a little more compatible with Western cognitive processes. It's too early to tell whether the benefits are as great as those claimed by the old school. I have a friend who meditates for several hours every day and half the weekend. I'm no expert but I'd be inclined to say it's not really working.
    Psychotherapy is very good with things like this which don't go quite as deep as the stereotypical revelation, "My mother never loved me." It's a lot less difficult and painful to figure out that you miss an old hobby, your car seat gives you neck tension, or you need to wear an iPod at the office.
    Yeah, but don't assume that it isn't either. For many people they're cathartic.
    Just get outside, period. A lot of people never see true daylight during the short-day months. Everyone needs about half an hour of solar-spectrum light every day. It recalibrates our circadian rhythm, which for reasons not yet understood is set for a 26-hour day. These days it's not very expensive to install solar-spectrum compact fluorescent bulbs in your home or office lighting. Just make sure you turn them off four or five hours before bedtime or your body will really be confused.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

it depends if the blood presure increase is biological or psycological (ie anxiaty)

if its biological (ie your overweight, you have a high salt diat) then no amount of relaxation excercise is going to have an impact but if its axiaty based (to much sympathetic arousal) then things like diaphramatic breathing and deep musle relaxation can help a great deal

22. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Whatever the cause, a course of leeches can reduce blood pressure temporarily (I assume...how could it not?)

23. draqon Banned Banned

well yeah...just leech the blood out...and than you will have no pressure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.