why do people support the nation of isreal when there is no legitimate reason for it

Discussion in 'World Events' started by pjdude1219, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

why do people support the nation of isreal when there is no legitimate reason for it ? i mean yes it was bad what was done to them over the course of history but does after a certain amount of suffering does a RELIGION gain the privilage to its own nation? i mean one of the main reasons the it was created was the guilt of the major allied powers over not doing anything about the holocaust but guilt is not a legitimate reason to create a nation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

when you dont recognize that a jewish people exist, and despite what you said, you dont sympathize with them, you dont understand why they need a country to begin with.

just another form of antisemitism in my opinion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i recognize they exist i just don't understand why they need a country. i never said i sympathiszed with them i said i don't hate them. and why is it you think being anti isreal and anti jew are one and the same. your entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

beacuse that what it is.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Because since the diaspora, people have been trying to kill them. I suppose they could have just moved on, but WWII was such a disaster that they thought a nation would be a better idea.

It might make your argument more compelling if you at least spelled Israel correctly.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no it isn't fuck so your saying the ultra othradox jewish rabbi's hate the jews because they believe that isreal is illegitimate?

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

still no one has yet come up with one rational and logical reason for the creation of the nation of israel that is based on ethnicity or archeologiacal evidence. its just the same thing they were persecuted so they get their own nation in an area that a majority haven't been in for around 2000 years. the reasons given by people would be laughed if applied to other people. Should the gypies be given a country in asia where there orgin is. Should parts of asian countries be ceded to hungary simply because the magyars used to live there. Should all of europe be turned into a wiccan/neopagan nation simply because the religion is based on the original pagan european beliefs. why are the reasons given for the creation only valid for the creation of isreal

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I see your problem. You are trying to understand it divorced from the historical context.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Can you tell me the historical context for Palestinians paying for the Holocaust?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, because that's a biased statement.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no i am trying to see it rationally. i understand the historical context i also understand some of the background behind the historical context. i and i don't think you understand my questioning because you haven't answer my questions should the gypies, magyars( would make country larger and in different regions) and wiccans/neopagans get their own countries because the creation of israel creates the precedent to do so.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

how is it biased

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

israel creation? :bugeye:

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

playing stupid is just going to piss people off you know what he is talking about

18. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

its a she.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If they feel like trying, maybe they should. I think it would be more difficult in their case, since most of them reside in nations with established borders and governments. Palestine was sparsely populated and rural, with no government of it's own, under British rule, and they got the endorsement of the UN for partition. Furthermore, Jews already lived there, land was offered for sale, and the Jews have strong cultural and historical connections to that place. If you dig in the sand there, you find Jewish artifacts.

You want to come up with some principle, like - all ethnicities should get their own nation, because Israel established the precedent. The historical context is missing. Some situations can lead to a new nation, some can't.

The holocaust didn't lead to the expulsion of the Palestinian people. That happened due to complex circumstances, some of which predate the war.

20. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Europeans "support" Israel so the Jews don't bother them anymore.

21. countezero Registered Senior Member

I wonder if PJ is aware that the Arabs refused to give the Palestinians land? I doubt it...

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i am aware. i fail to see the relevence though

23. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Yes, well go take over Canada cos some religious guy centuries ago said it was ours. Ofcourse, we expect the US to give land to the Canadians we will kick out

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.