The opposite to rape is castration

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Tnerb, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Sadly;

Discuss.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kadark Banned Banned

You don't necessarily need your genitals to rape somebody. You can use other body parts, or foreign objects, even.

Thus, castration would not be a suitable counter to rape.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

Yes; speaking in terms of how an individual would consider a woman raping a man.

Castrating him....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

That's definitely not how the law defines it, at least not in my country. There's a new craze of prosecuting women in their 20s and 30s for initiating sex with boys under 18, applying the law of "statutory rape."

Q: What's the best way for an adult woman to succeed in having sex with a teenage boy?

A: Don't hit him in the head with a brick when he comes after you.

8. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

How can there be an opposite of rape? Other than ``not rape''?

Do you mean that a suitable punishment for rape is castration? If so, then this is certainly cruel and unusual punishment. And how do you prosecute ``statutory rape'', as Fraggle pointed out? Are you in favor of implementing other Sharia-type prosecutions, such as cutting hands off of people who steal?

9. Prince o palities Registered Member

The opposite of sex with a nonconsenting person is sex with a consenting person.

I'd like to hear your definition of rape which generates castration as the opposite.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

are you trying to imply that if you have balls you will rape?

Thats an idiotic premis because if true (even accounting for the fact that most rapes go unreported) the number of rapes would be ENORMIOUS

Actually i find the whole idea ofencive

Oh and FR did you here about the woman who held a knife to a guys throat and raped him?

I wish i could rember what her sentance was because it was a sickening atack and most DEFINITLY wasnt "just another stat rape"

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I can't find any logic in the OP's statement.

12. There's a large basis wanting to impose "Chemical Bounding/sterility" again. It was quite common in the Wild West. Back in the mid-1800's. And, there was an extreme case in the 1990's where someone chemically castrated a child-rapists.

These efforts are more common than one may assume. Being that the part is in actuality an organ, someone with medical know how can quite easily force the once host to reject it.

Salt-Peter, meant to throw that in...

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

On a physical basis. Comparing a man and a woman.

14. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Castrating a man isn't equivalent to raping a woman. Raping a man is equivalent to raping a woman castrating a man is removing a body part or inactivating a body part I don't see how its related to rape unless you were going around forcing people to do it, but thats like going around and cutting people's arms off, I'm sure that would be considered rape.

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

Actually, if a woman were to attempt castration, she would incite the feelings in a man which she wishes to castrate.

Or some sort.
    While if a man were to attempt to castrate on the basis of this, the basis would be the same.

The idea is that a man doing this is the same thing as a woman doing this.
    Only, a womans way is through castration on principal, a mans way is castration on principal.

Pardon my lack of proper wording but I know that this is true....

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Rape = sexual relations against a person's will and without consent.

So wouldn't the opposite just be 'sexual relations with a person that is willing' ?

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

You go ahead and try thinking about how a woman would rape you for two seconds. You would find that she would catrate you; as her means of this sort.

To take that further, the way that you would do this to a female would be the opposite; the way that the genders refer to each other (basically)...

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

My question has been repeated and advoided the whole thread.
    Will everyone ever answer any of these advoided questions?

19. Tnerb Banned Banned

Okay, good Q.

It is considered rape though. The reason is this: a woman and man can only relate on the same manner they relate on.

Of course, this "castration" is only the same way of relating with a woman as the woman is "relating" (rape), the man.

So, you see, the genders have this issue which I refer to as quite seriously; rape.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

A woman rapes a man by having sexual relations with him against his will.
    Castrating someone against his or her will is physical assault. Of course castration can be part of a rape.. I guess. So maybe castration can be viewed as rape of some sort, but I think it's physical assault first. It all depends on whether you view the castration as sexual relations.. lol
    But even then, castration might be rape. But that does not mean that rape = castration.

By the way, a woman can be castrated as well..

21. As far as the Female Component, there's compounds which induce sterility, and non-sexual activity.
    The classic Frigid scene in one of Andy Warhol's spinoffs with Woody Allen jumps to mind...

22. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

In literature I keep coming across references to eunuchs back in the harem days being able to have erections and copulate. I know from personal observation that castrated male dogs can do it. Two of my dogs have done it a total of three or four times.

So surgical castration is very probably not the deterrent it's assumed to be.
    Your question makes no sense, since, as has been noted, the concept of "the opposite of rape" makes no sense. If you're asking what the opposite of a man raping a woman is, it's a woman raping a man, and you've been given at least one example. A case has been made for considering castration to be the female equivalent of rape, but I don't find it compelling. One of the scenarios for rape is "date rape," and in the most common case the alleged rapist helps the alleged victim get drunk. Men do this to women more than vice versa, but vice versa is by no means unknown. We don't need an analogy, because coercive unwanted intercourse does happen, even if it's not usually physical violence.
    That's one sick little cookie. All she has to do is ask and 99% of us will say, "Sure honey, your place or mine?" as long as she brings condoms. I suppose the knife adds the element of violence to it which is about the only way to put it on a level with male-on-female rape, since the fear, disgust, and sheer unwillingness to have sex with a stranger of the opposite sex that is stereotypical of women simply does not exist in most men.

Even at that she could be in for a big surprise. In many cases the man's eyes will light up and he'll say, "Oh boy! S&M/B&D! I've been a bad little boy! Beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Sorry, as a child of the 1950s who was sexually repressed and grew up with some very screwed-up ideas because of it, I find it utterly laughable that a boy who has hit puberty--and therefore near his lifetime sexual peak and almost painfully horny almost all of the time--can in any way be "harmed" by a woman volunteering to have sex with him. And that is virtually the only type of encounter for which female-on-male rape has been prosecuted in America.

If it's a teacher and a student, well okay it is a violation of the teacher-pupil relationship; you're not supposed to ever get quite that friendly with your students. So fire her. But don't call her a rapist because in America she'll be put on the "Sexual Offender" list and it will follow her around for the rest of her life. All for making some poor little boy the happiest that he's ever been in his whole life!

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

A guy I know has a German Shepherd that has been spayed, and it has had sex, so this is not so uncommon.

I think the OP is literally talking bollocks!