Keep Your Ears Clean

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Mar 5, 2008.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

With the amazing Ototek Loop!

http://www.ototekloop.com/

Don't use cotton swabs as they'll cause 'impaction' of your earwax. The best method is going to your local walgreens or CVS and getting this IMO.

Do it now!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I always go to my ENT doctor to have my ear wax removed professionaly because he told me that I should never put anything into my ears smaller than my thumb!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He suggested that I could use a water bulb that squirts water into my ear instead of using anything else. He also said that I should see him as soon as I could make an appointment. I have used the syringe and it does a very good job using warm water but I didn't clean it out completly because he removed more when I went to see him later in the week.

http://www.shopinprivate.com/youcancleano.html

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You must use the tool I've shown you, it works.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Like I said, I will let a professional clean them properly.

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

What is an ENT doctor?

Also can't I make this Ototek loop out of a coathanger?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I once lost my hearing in one ear. You wouldn't want to see what the nurse flushed out of there.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I happened to be at my otolaryngologist today getting ear wax removed and I told him about this. He said:
    • It wouldn't do anything for you since your wax is too deep.
    • The biggest problem people have with cleaning their own ears is that they can't see what they're doing. If you stick that thing in your ear without looking, with wax like yours, it will impact it as sure as a Q-Tip.
    • The other biggest problem people have is that they don't know what they're doing. The reason you're here is that your family-practice doctor refuses to poke around inside people's ears, and she's a doctor! I've got an instrument with a magnifier and a lamp, a water jet with just the right temperature and pressure that I can aim precisely, and precision tools for getting out wax in any shape from any part of your ear... oh yeah, and a certificate in otolarnygology.
    The worst thing about Q-Tips is that it's really not very difficult to poke a hole in your eardrum with one. The second-worst thing is that the inside of your ear canal is very sensitive and it's easy to abrade it by rubbing it because you can't see what you're doing.
    "Ear, nose and throat." It's the ancient layman's name for an otolaryngologist. This is the first time I've encountered it in about thirty years.
    Very nice analogy. "Back-alley ear-cleaning by med school dropouts, real cheap!" Hold that thought!

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Warm olive oil or coconut oil is very good for dissolving ear wax.