Sciforums is of a sensitive nature

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Tnerb, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Hi, I think sciforums is very sensitive.

If a poster posts that makes some comments about certain things; the whole forum is effected.

We're a community; a nice little forum (that needs color support); and people to realize it's nature.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Eddy Registered Member

Tell us about those online communities you've mentioned preferable to this one (if you please)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

Sure.

To put it simply,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)), there are a few other online communities.
    Erm, e-sanga a buddhist form is great.
    The style of chat is far less senstivie....
    Not to mention being very welcoming.
    Then again sci-forums does have an interesting quality.

It may just be that someone would need to not be so agressive with it. hehe. Which in my case is exactly true.

I have a forum myself that has a great color support but no one visits it, it's a lot nicer in my opinion.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Eddy Registered Member

I used to consider shroomery.org a favorite stomping ground but felt there were unfair tactics being used to gain objectives.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

Sadly I agree with you.
    I don't know about any "tactics" that I am using, if it so happens to be the case.

9. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I move around a lot, I have to. But the sciforums are the first forums I have ever entered. That makes them very special to me. There is no way around it, the first is the first. Maybe the sciforums have exceptionally good Karma? I will be returning here throughout my life, its part of my code of honor to do so.

In my mind this these forums are the singularity point, because they are the first point of entry. Everyone here is a mentor to me. That doesn't mean we have to agree, it means I am learning from everyone.

I notice a picture above off a comet coming to earth. It makes me think of myself coming to these forums.

My perception is such that thoughts spur forth like this. I do have to say it would be nice to see more smilies. They add expression to words at times when words fail to express.

10. Eddy Registered Member

I'm guilty of the presupposition that the use of the sympathy card is a premeditated passive-aggressive tactic. Maybe I'm wrong and it isn't a popular choice in the arsenal you have with you.

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

Well I am a little fraidy cat; of which it is a bad or unpopular choice in my arsenel.
    But, you know how it is. haha.

12. Tnerb Banned Banned

Eddy. Did you come here once before.

13. kmguru Staff Member

Are you trying to collect members to your forum? This has been tried before. The problem is that there are a lot of members here and therefore you can find someone to exchange ideas with. People come and go. Several years ago, there were about 5 or 6 members I exchanged ideas with. Most of them dropped out and new ones came in...

In a small forum, this is difficult to sustain....unless you work hard to be well indexed....

14. Eddy Registered Member

Personaly I was hurt that you would do that after I had made you out to be so intelligent.

No.

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

Well. We have our opinions of each other eddy.

16. Tnerb Banned Banned

I was but not now.

17. Eddy Registered Member

In your opinion: Are first impressions invariably wrong?

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

In my opinion first impressions are generally right. It's when someone has some sort of a complex or desire to act in a certain manner that that first impression fails.

19. Eddy Registered Member

I knew you were of extraordinary intelligence when I first read you (notwithstanding that complex that seems to stand in the way of communication.)

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

I'm not really just fragmented.
    Reading me, is like reading a scrap heap.

21. Eddy Registered Member

You're deep.

22. Tnerb Banned Banned

Too much to speak about. hehe

23. Eddy Registered Member

Would you feel more comfortable discussing these topics in your own forum?