Obama Fundraising Scandal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Mar 4, 2008.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Tony Rezko, a Chicago land develper and major fund raiser for Barack H. Obama is currently on trial for corruption. Obama, apparently, has not been entirely honest about the extent of his ties to this guy. Today, for the first time, the press treated him like a politician and not the second coming of Christ, and pressed him on this issue, as well as rumors that his campaign contacted Canadian officials to reasure them that his rhetoric on NAFTA is so much hot air.

The result? Obama stormed out of the room in a huff!
    There was a video of Obama storming off in a huff, but it's "no longer available". I really don't know if there's anything to this fund raising scandal or the Canadian NAFTA story, but it's nice to see Obama finally getting some tough questions. We'll see how this plays out.

Interesting that it took local Chicago reporters to bring all this up. Another example of "a prophet is never respected in his home town"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

Obama stole money from all those hungry children in Illinois, from the parents who payed those taxes of those children. Obama the evil muslim corrupted presidential runner, his fund raizer Tony is about to go to jail...its time for Obama to join him.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Didn't actually read like tough, honest questioning - read like a sandbagging. And nothing at all about the rhetoric on NAFTA.

This has to be about the fifteenth time Obama has run into "tough questioning" for the "first time" after all this smooth sailing. What will be a first here is if there's any substance to it.

The first time I remember for sure was when some TV pundit asked him how he expected to be able to convince people he wasn't a terrorist - put it kind of personally, IIRC, as in "convince me you're not a terorist". Badgered him about it. That was months ago. Then there was the Muslim school thing, now more recently the Louis Farrakhan thing, a couple of others in there.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. VRob Registered Senior Member

You're really not too concerned with the truth are you? :shrug:

The fact is, the Obama campaign never contacted the Canadian embasy. The Canadian embasy contacted an Obama official. Something that has routinely occured in the past with current elected officials, and with candidates running for office.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Anytime the media starts hyping anyone I'm already very suspicious about why they help that one individual while not helping another that is running against them. It is unfair journalism to me and that type of favoritism only leads me away from those the media hypes and into anyone else's campaign.

9. VRob Registered Senior Member

cosmictraveler,

The media has been all over Hillary the past few days. I can't turn on a news channel.... not even Faux News, and get something other than Hillary's mug on the screen.

Yet she's still complaining about the biased media.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is nothing to this Rezko story that implicates Obama in anything wrong.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

First of all, I said it was a rumor. Secondly:

12. VRob Registered Senior Member

At the time, Obama didn't know about the meeting.

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I think the important thing to note here is that Hillary Clinton can't be too liberal if Madanthonywayne's going to campaign for her.