If you were God, how would you...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by NDS, Feb 27, 2008.

1. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

If you were God and you created humans (humans have free will), how would you convince them that you exist?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nesm Registered Senior Member

Could you ask the question again please? I'm not sure I understand it correctly the way you've worded it.

How would you convince people you created them with free will?
    How would you convince people you created them out of your own free will?
    How would you convince people they had free will to come into existence?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I would float over all the nations of the world as a large luminescent head and proclaim my nature in all the languages. Then I might reverse the effects of industrialization, like erase all the pollution or greenhouse gasses, you know, something no one else could do in an instant.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

No prob. I re-worded it above. Basically, if you were God, what would you do to show people that you existed.

8. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Yeah but, one could argue that the luminescent head was some new form of technology that we don't understand, right?

9. Nesm Registered Senior Member

Is this different from the question in the thread: What if it all turned out to be real?
    Is your hypothetical god on earth as in the other thread, or is he in heaven (or some other non-earthly realm) trying to do a long-distance convincing?

10. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

He is in heaven (or some other non-earthly realm) trying to do a long-distance, or trans-realm convincing (unlike the other thread).

11. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Considering the idea of the unlimited power of God, it could be both.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He would have to craft His message in such a way so that would be an impossible interpretation. He could bring back a few extinct animals, reforest the deforested lands, there is no end to the kind of things he could do to prove Himself. The fact is He could have done this long ago...

13. Nesm Registered Senior Member

It'd probably need to be a custom made convincing. If some people on earth believed god was a strawberry flavored zebra, then convincing them would be as simple as appearing in the form of a strawberry flavored zebra. "I am your God - lick me".

For those that don't believe, a different approach would be needed. So god would need to know the mind of the individual, and what act it would take to make a convincing enough argument for the individual to brush aside illusion, advanced ET's, a deceitful demon etc in favor of an unquestioning belief that what they're seeing is from God.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I would do something that physics couldn't ever explain. Like a group of stars in a smiley face pattern.

15. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Fascinating!

16. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I agree. Any of those things would convince me.

I agree with that. Everyone needs a different type of phenomenal event.

I would take: parting of a sea, raising someone from the dead (fresh out of the cemetary), etc.

LOL. That be both hysterical and convinving. If I looked up into the night sky at say, Orion, and suddenly the Orien stars formed into the pattern of the words "I Am God" or a smiley face, I would believe. It's hard to rationalize stars moving into a pattern of words. Good one.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and it would convince people who hadn't even seen it happen.

18. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

What if you already are GOD? And like some fool...you are waiting around for proof when you should be proofing this to yourself?
    :shrug:

It's just a question.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

true. Stars can't just move on their own. That would be pretty amazing to see Orien or the big dipper turn into a giant smiley face. Or if God was mad, I guess it would be an angry face!

But if we were God, why would we lower ourselves to human existence and make ourselves suffer? What purpose does that serve? I see your point though.

20. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

What would a parent do for its children if that parent was full of love and patience? Does a flower bloom as soon as its seed sprouts? Do gardeners not tend their garden?

21. Yorda Registered Senior Member

i would convince them the same way the real god does it: by doing nothing... by writing a book called bible, quran vedanta, dividing a red sea, lightning, tsunamis, earthquakes. then i would sit back and enjoy the show.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Since there is no God then this question is totally irrelevant.

23. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

And how do you know this for sure???
    Can you prove it???
    :shrug: