Modern Day Jesus

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lori_7, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I have a hypothetical for you...

If Jesus Christ was reincarnated into the body of a modern day man, what do think He would be like and why? Where would He live? How would He look? What would He do for a living? What would His purpose be this time around? Would He go to church? Would He marry? Would He have sex? Would He be happy? What do you think His demeanor or personality would be like? Would He fit in with the rest of us? Would He be satisfied with the way things are?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Yeah Ron Jeremy 100% sure.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Archie Registered Senior Member

Interesting question

Your question implies Jesus never came in the form of a Roman era Jewish carpenter. The Jewish scriptures promised the Messiah would be given to Israel and therefore the world once. The second appearance of the Messiah is to take over Universal authority and establish His reign as God on earth. There is no reason for Jesus to 'reincarnate' as a human being again. Among other things, that means the Christian church would not exist. The New Testament would not exist. Billy Sunday would be remembered as a professional baseball player. Many of our colleges and universities would not exist. Modern day Jewish people would not be blamed for Christ's death. Modern Jewish people would not be blamed and vilified because they could loan at interest and Christians could not. I don't know if some other reason would derive to provide an excuse to hate them.

Keep that in mind while assessing my answers and comments.
    He would be the promised Messiah. He would be a direct lineage descendant of King David of Israel. He would be in all regards in conformity to the inspired predictions of the Old Testament prophets. Why? Because that is who Jesus is.
    Probably Israel. By the way, without Jesus' life, I don't think the Roman Empire would have dispersed the Jewish nation throughout the world and without a Roman Catholic Church, the Inquisition would have never further displaced the Jewish nation. I have a feeling Israel as a geo-political entity would have existed continuously without the break from 72 AD (more or less) to 1948 AD.
    Rather ordinary for a healthy Jewish man of today. The prophet Isaiah said He would not be admired or respected for His physical appearance.
    Something honorable and honest. He would not be a political figure except in passing; just like He was in real history.
    Since this would be the only 'time around' His purpose would be exactly what it was in real history. He would establish Himself as Messiah and God. He would then die as the ultimate sacrifice for all mankind.
    What church? No Christ, no Christianity. He would - just like He did in real history - regularly and scrupulously attend Jewish worship, the synagoge and the Temple.
    No. Not part of His program, just like He didn't in real history; no reason for Him to marry.
    No. He would in no wise or respect violate the Mosaic Law.
    Yes. He would be the one man on earth knowing absolutely both His place in Life and His complete sucess in that function. Which is not to say He would be happy about all that which transpired in the world.
    Cheerful and upbeat. Interested in everything and everyone without being superior. Very easy with whom to talk, charming and charisma that would make Bill Clinton jealous.
    Not any more than He did in real history. No, He would not 'fit in with us'; we would have to fit in with Him. Just like real history.
    Not any more than He was in real history.

Intersting question. I'm interested in seeing your reaction to the answer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Do you remember that movie with Eddie Murphy in it, called Holy Man? That's how I would imagine him.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

i think he would be an autistic child and as an adult he would be in a mental institution heavily medicated.
    All because we didn't understand.

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

He would be like the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz......

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

he would be pretty much like everyone else, but nicer and happier. he could even be your neighbour. and he could also incarnate into a woman because god is not male or female, "he" is a spirit.

lol, why would sex be a sin?

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well archie, i suppose you could look at this way, but it's not exactly what i had in mind when i posed the hypothetical (emphasis on hypothetical). what i meant was that he had been here and done that 2000 years ago...went up to heaven in his resurrected body, but for whatever reason was reincarnated in this day and age. not born of the holy spirit this time, but a sinner like the rest of us. so he would be the same (in spirit), but very different in his body.

i can see how you would say that. jewish poeple are being reunited in their homeland. and maybe even if he had not been born a jewish man this time, he might feel drawn to isreal because of his past life or because of his spirit. i think though, that he would probably be an american this time. and i'd say that because first of all, though our liberties are being stripped away from us at an alarming rate today, this country was founded on the biblical principles of freedom. and also, if he were to have an important message for the world today, and i think he would, he would have a wider audience as an american.

i think that the outside is generally a reflection of the inside, and i can't help but wonder if he might feel some inner turmoil...with a spirit such as his in a body and a world as broken as ours. i know this world frustrates the hell out of me. and it's lead me to do some pretty self-destructive things at times. i know that he would find a way to rise above it. and with his help, i will too.

yeah, good god, definitely NOT a politician, as i'm pretty sure you have to be a criminal and a liar to be successful at it. and that's why Ron Paul won't be elected to the presidency this year unfortunately. but i digress. in the bible it says that the most noble profession is to be a servant though. i suppose a politician is SUPPOSED to be a public servant, but i would bet that he'd find a better way. i also think he would have a message. i just can't imagine Jesus not having something really important to say. so i think he would be a public figure of some kind. maybe a musician. people pay a lot of attention to rock stars. and music would be a beautiful and efficient way to voice a message.

yeah, i mean, he would still be exactly who he is...the messiah. i just wonder what that would mean in this day and age. how would he save us this time?

synagoge, quite possibly. protestant or catholic church, hell no.

how do you know that's not part of his program? who exactly do you think mary magdalane was? helllooooo. and i don't understand how having sex violates mosaic law, maybe you could explain what you mean. if he were to be married then sex would be encouraged. and if unmarried, then he's still a sinner in this day and virginity is certainly a rarity in today's society of sex. i do think he would have good intentions whatever his relationship status was.

i agree that he would succeed in his purpose perfectly however difficult it is.

i think he would be loving, honest, and genuine, but not cheerful and upbeat.

i agree with you here 100%. he would set a new standard for our sorry butts.

yep. and i bet he would do something to change it too. just like he did in real history. *sigh, my hero*

thank you so much for taking the time to answer this post and maybe even discuss this further! you really put a lot of thought into this and i appreciate it very much. i can tell you love jesus like i do. i would love to see him back here again someday real soon. and with the world the way it is right now, i don't think we'll be waiting on him much longer. god help us all. much love...

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He would be just like me.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

do you think he'd get laid more?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

His name is Richard Dawkins.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

nope

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

while i am sure he would invoke an extreme sexual attraction, i doubt that he would have to objectify and/or abuse himself of anyone else in order to get it.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

would he be like John Travolta's character in Michael?

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you know, i totally see your point but i believe he would have the strength to overcome his challenges, however great. i could imagine a turmultous growth though, and a lot of frustration in this life. i mean gosh, he's used to perfect.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

yeah, i'm feelin' that...with the spirit of god in the body of a sinner...it's very metaphorical. i do though think he would have the strength and fortitude to overcome his limitations, and triumph in this facade of flesh that we all live in.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

only humble right?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

hell yes. i'd do him.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

even as a child? Would he have the mother telling him that god got her pregnant?

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't know who richard dawkins is. should i google him?