crap cleaner

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by orcot, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orcot Valued Senior Member

Is this a good program or are are their other better ones. To remove old temperaly files. (I'd prefer one that leaves log in intact so that I don't have to log in sciforums anythime I delete my temps

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

and thats the exact name of this software?...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

Perhaps it's better known under ccleaner

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

lolol When I saw the thread title I thought someone had a really bad job!

8. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

There is a program called system cleaner that I have used before and it seems good, but it is really hard to tell if these things benefit your system without running tests.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The problem sometimes is that they are to efficient and remove things that are needed to run some of your programs!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

When I saw the thread title, I thought, 'sweet, something to clean my shoes off with whenever I step on a land mine in my back yard.'

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Sciforums to my knowledge uses 'Cookies' to keep session data information, you should be able to remove Temporary Internet Files without clearing your cookie cache but it's really down to your method of removal.

If you are removing Temporary Files via the browser, then you can decide if you want to keep cookies or not. If you are doing it from outside a browser however you have less control over what files stay/go.

It is possible for Administrators to use a Serverside Session method which doesn't save any information on your computer, however the problem with it is that it's server intensive and therefore the reason it's probably not implemented here.

12. Jeff 152 Registered Senior Member

I use ccleaner and it is great, never had any problems with it. The great thing is, it has a spyware cleaner and a registry cleaner, so that will help the computer run much better. also, you can make prefernces to not delete cookies from certain sites. Or, you could just use the opera browser which saves passwords in a separate file for one click logons to all of your sites. Opera is also a cool browser.

13. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Use Opera. Deleting temporary files takes all of 2 clicks, and all login information is kept in a seperate file. To log into sciforums I just press control+enter, easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.