Are you happy with what you're doing

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by RickyH, Feb 16, 2008.

1. RickyH Valued Senior Member

I joined the military back in august. I am semi proud to say i'm a member of the united states army. I say semi because i am waiting to get out of the TRADOC environment. Which is like the basic training, and AIT status. I start airborne classes 07march08, and RIP 01may08. So, I made the change, and now I'm making another change to go into a special forces type school in the military. So with it, I should be pretty happy with the results, if I make it. If it's anything like BCT I'm going to hate getting smoked, and getting yelled at. But I don't know, it's nothing once you're done with it all

But I ask if you're happy with what you're doing, not as an attempt to recruit, or make any of you want to join the military, but because it's like i'm out of the civilian world.

What do you do at 0400-0630, 0800-1800, 1900-2359. What would you chance about it..

me at 0400 i wake up to do pt from 0500-0630ish, from there we take a shower eat breakfest, and go to class, or the motor pool, or training (which is a completely different time set i won't get into ...) detail, work out etc. till about 1800 where we get into the COB formation. from where we go to the PX, or clean our rooms, get our wall lockers ready for a routine wall locker inspection, buff, mop, day by day stuff. go to bed by about 2200 and call it a day, to do it again till the weekend hits, that or till we go for our training in the field...
    I'd let the people who make a 270+ on the pt test go to the gym instead of standing in the freezing ass cold weather for about 30 minutes getting full accountability... before we start pt

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

0400-0800 .....still asleep.

0800-1800.....Either swimiming, sailing or doing housework sometimes a doctors appointment.

1900-2200...Relaxing, prepairing dinner, on the internet.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

0400-0630 - sleeping
    0800-1800 - working, reading, learning, training, internet
    1900-2359 - relaxing, reading, going to concerts, enjoying time together with friends, internet
    2359-2000 - relaxing, reading, going to concerts, enjoying time together with friends, internet

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

0400-0630 = asleep until 6:30 then my son gets us all up i kiss my BF goodmorning (unless he is at work)

0800-1800 = taking kids to school, cleaning the house, doing lunch, doing dinner, and doing the washing, oh yeah and doing the shopping

1900-2359 = taking my son to scouts, dishing out dinner, doing the dishes, getting lunches ready for morning, getting my son to bed, and settling down to either, cuddle with my BF, read a book or we watch a film, go to bed

would i change it? No i wouldnt because i like my life has it is, it is comfortable and lovely, i like looking after my kids and BF

8. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Eh. To me the military is a little better than jail.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is worse because in the military you can't hit anyone that fucks with you or you'll be demoted in rank and go to the brig. At least in jail you can fight back with those who try to fuck with you for you have nothing to lose.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Can I ask how you pay your bills? When I was single Mom my day revolved around working and trying to keep food on the table.

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

0400-0900 .....still asleep.

0900-1300.....house chores, internet, shopping, internet, swim in the summer

1300-1400...prepare lunch, eat it.

1400-1700 internet, sleep

1700-1900 internet or play guitar, work out in the pool during summer

1900-2100 walk with friends, chill with them over a coffee

2100-0100 internet, TV, maybe write or play guitar

I wouldn't stand a regimented life, or sharing my space with others, or taking orders, or being ground into the ground (so to speak) training. I think the army is a total mind fuck.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

tab, how do you pay for food?

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I do nothing, I'm a loser

14. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

With the money I make from my rented properties; I retired from business at 37.

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

I'm happy.

I'm a bit uh, dissatisfied. Afterall, I sit here at this damn house every day and all day, recovery.
    PTSD, emotional ****,- so hell yeah, I'm happy as fuck!

Nothing to be down about right???

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

you can ask, my BF works he has a very good job, and i get state assistance with my 2 boys, and soon my daughter.

things are not the same here has they are in america,

17. frattman Registered Member

I was in the army national guard for 6 years - went through basic and AIT and had a good time. It was probably the most productive time of my life with all that I accomplished during my days, and I felt really good about that. I enjoyed my 6 years of weekends in the guard also, mainly because of the responsibilities given to me that I otherwise would never experience.

As for now, I'm glad that I got out, and I feel glad to be productive in a construction trade. For everything that I accomplished in the guard, it ended up not meaning much to me 'cause I'm idealogically opposed to many things the army stands for. I think if one can match productivity to a cause one believes in, that produces happiness.

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I'll say.

Here they expect you to get a job, especially if the kids are in school. I don't even know if you get assistance for High School aged kids.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

&^%*$
    More unemployment in Michigan. My plant is closing in March. Not laying off, not down sizing, CLOSING!!! (kinda knew it was coming though)
    Ugh. I hate interviewing.

20. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

No I am not happy...I'm fucking mad. So I'm working on getting a decent job and some Valium to calm the anger issues