System error? (in seeing list of your own posts)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Billy T, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

When I try to see some of my less than current posts I get many lines of:
    "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home/sites/sciforums.com/htdocs/subscription.php(646) : eval()'d code on line 35 "

Is this just me or every body?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Maybe those are posts in which you used something that is currently switched off ?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Perhaps. It is still doing it to me when I (after clicking on my name to bring up my posts with recent activity), I then click on "View all Subscribed Threads" which is in blue and at the bottom right of the list presented.

Instead of making new threads, I tend to find an old one I have been active in by clicking on this "View all Subscribed Threads"s

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Does anyone else experience this error?

8. draqon Banned Banned

9. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Anyone who uses "Subscribed Threads" option?

10. draqon Banned Banned

yup me...I do

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Just tested again and system is now working OK. I.e. I got normal list of my older posts. Just to be sure, I clicked on "2" to bring up the even older next page and that worked too.

As problem seemed to be unique to me, I bet it had someting to do with my Brazilian service provider garbeling up some address code. I do have problems in up linking any photos etc in more than one of the acceptible extension types. I have never been able to do that. As others obviously can, I have assumed that too is something local.

I just looked again in post 1 to read msg that appeared when "broken" I noted this part:

"... unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in ..."

That seems to relatively computer ignorant me to be the system complaining that it failed to get a "]" it was expecting. I wonder if the fact that the keyboard used by >95% of the people using my ISP is Brazilian and different (has accent keys for the portuguese)? I do infrequently get some strange characters in down loads - perhaps this hint may help someone smart about computers understand what happened.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  12. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home/sites/sciforums.com/htdocs/subscription.php(646) : eval()'d code on line 35 "

:roflmao:

parser error means there is a problem with the compiler, probably with the compiler used to analyze the web script.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parser

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I know this is an old post now, however there should be an errorlog for the actual error in question for server administrators. I've just had a quick look at the source for the particular page, it's possible that it's down to Parenthesis in the parser, namely if how the ' (quotes) and " (comments) are paired an how the interpreter understands they should be read.

I'm guessing a quick fix is just adding \'s (Backslash) next to the " (Comments) to identify which ones are paired. Haven't tested it though since the error itself is more about the templates.