So what about the other petty news?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by chuuush, Feb 9, 2008.

1. chuuush Registered Senior Member

I'm sure there are well many news sidelined by the main titles of the day. War in Iraq, the economic crisis, global warming are important, yes. But what other news are out there which deserve to get more atention..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sandy Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Stage6.com got hacked, everyone's emails and passwords were copied.

Tomorrow Anonymous is planning protests against the Church of Scientology all over America.

That's my bit of obscure internet news.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Toe-Licking Robber Gets Probation Term

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A man who robbed a woman of her keys and cell phone, then licked her toes, was sentenced Wednesday to five years' probation. Carlton Jermaine Davis, 26, faces 21 months in prison if he fails to complete probation for the robbery charge in Ramsey County District Court.

According to a criminal complaint, Davis approached the woman around 1 a.m. on Sept. 9 as she was leaving work and forced her to put her phone and purse inside a bag. Then he told her, "Now I'm going to suck your feet."

Police arrested Davis a few minutes later about four blocks away.

8. sandy Banned Banned

I would have kicked his nose back into his skull if he tried that cr@p on me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. chuuush Registered Senior Member

It is now almost certain that the fire which killed 9 people in an apartment in Ludwigshafen, Germany was perpetrated by German neo-natzis. Eyewitnesses reported a man setting a piece of material on fire and throwing it into the building where Turkish immigrants lived. A little child was thrown out from the window during the fire and saved by the police. Turkish prime minister and top officials have visited the site and insisted on serious investigation into the case. Some tensions have arised between the officials of the two countries as the Turkish side has sent a minister and 4 experts to investigate the case.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I wince every time I see that picture. It doesn't help to know the baby was caught, I just can't imagine making that decision.

11. chuuush Registered Senior Member

It was the baby's uncle who throw the baby out of the window. He lost his mother, wife and kids in the fire. He says it was kind of telepathy between him and the police officer down in the street that made him throw the baby as a last chance. The corpses were sent to Turkey today in an official ceremony where political leaders as well as religious officials and local people took part.

12. sandy Banned Banned

13. Bells Staff Member

Same. I look at my 10 month old and the thought of having to possibly do something like that makes my blood turn cold.

The uncle and the police officer who caught the child are brave. Braver than most would have been in that situation.

14. draqon Banned Banned

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Dragon why is that wrong?
    You ever herd of a mule?

16. draqon Banned Banned

mule is also "wrong"