Is religon somwhat fourced

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by fusion4577, Feb 3, 2008.

1. fusion4577 insane, atheist, and not dead Registered Senior Member

Is religon fourced upon a child by the parents? sure, they can convert, but if you where born, raised, and displined in the islamic manner(or whatever, not just islamic) then aren't you probbably going to be islamic?:worship:

exscuce all spelling errors

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

probably but in some european countries you gain some religious freedom from your parents at 16

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fusion4577 insane, atheist, and not dead Registered Senior Member

but then for 16 years you were taught in one religon or another. 16 years under figures you know an trust is pretty hard to break from, true?:shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. onlinerotter1 Registered Member

hi

in germany u can decide at 12 yr.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

In most countries whatever the predominant religion is will be what you are brought up learning about. It would be difficult to want to change your religion if almost everyone were the same religion. Children really have no choices in most instances because they aren't taught anything but what their parents are associated with.

9. fusion4577 insane, atheist, and not dead Registered Senior Member

Exactly, and there are few people who can really be convertd by door to door morons(if your dumb enough to even answer)

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My daughter is a believer. If anything, I'm forced to take her to church and bible school.lol It makes her happy.

11. fusion4577 insane, atheist, and not dead Registered Senior Member

yes, there are exceptions, but not to many

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think most kids love going to church and Sunday school. Its not til they become teenagers when they start to not like it.
    I don't think any child is forced to believe.

13. fusion4577 insane, atheist, and not dead Registered Senior Member

probbably becuase it is comferning t think that there is someone protecting you, but then when you get older with time to waste, you start questioning.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yeah, when you quit believing in Santa, tooth fairy, etc, god kinda comes into question.

15. fusion4577 insane, atheist, and not dead Registered Senior Member

good point

16. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Good point. I took it upon myself to be straight up with my kids (no fun stuff that I had...aren't I a scrooge?)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, so in the event that I decide there is a God, they might be more apt to believe me.

To answer the thread:
    Yes, I think religion is instilled into children. I stopped going to church because I'm looking for God...if it exists....so if anyone knows him, tell him to drop me a line, I'm waiting....

....seriously....I want to be right on this.

I definitely see a current breakdown of religion. They can't recover from it, it must change one way or another.

People need a connection from personal experience nowadays in a world where our senses are being bombarded.

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Other countries have laws that dictate when children can dissent from their parents religion? Wow I didn't know that... well I guess you learn something new everyday.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Most children believe whatever their parents tell them to believe and usually don't question those beliefs until they begin to question their parents "all-knowing wisdom". I think most remain the same religion as adults, but when they do go through this trying phase in their life, I think its important for parents to be understanding and tolerant if they decide that their parents religion isn't for them. It just makes the transition so much easier for them when they already have so much other crap going on in their lives.

18. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Initially.

But all people come to a stage in their lives when they question their beliefs. That is the doorway to wherever they want to go.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

19. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

In many Islamic Countries it is even a matter of statute. People are Islamic by definition of their birth status, and there is no getting out of it.

I think some States in India have Anti-Conversion Laws. In order to keep troublesome Missionaries out, they forbid anybody converting from the Religion of their Birth. One can see why. When a Protestant Missionary comes into a Country that is not even their own and begins to teach people that they can sin all they want as long as they agree that murdering Jesus was a good thing... it causes bad repercussions that the Missionaries simply fly away from, but the Society then has to put up with - No Shame Christians who will at least cheat on their taxes because Christ Forgives All Things.

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

suppose you were spoken to in Japaese your whole life - do you think you'd just naturally think in Japanese when you were an adult? Did you have a choice in the matter? Can you now change this - stop thinking in Japanese and start thinking in Chinese? German?

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

if you allow other fallable people to make your decisions for you, you will be.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

it doesn't seem right that language would be much of a barrier for god right?