For Every Action there is an Opposite and Equal Reaction

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Jozen-Bo, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I was curious about one of the premises of Physics. The old statement: for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.

Is this still valid in Physics?

And if so...would it not mean that the opposite of the state of nothing..no time..and so on - is totality...all time and all possibilites fulfilled?

Off course, nothing isn't an action...but it may have implications as being a state that brings about its opposite state...Everything Possible.

Then in between these two ends ...or beginnings..or absolutes...would we have a progression of relativity?

If so, then would that mean that nothing itself is inseperate from Everything...
    and perfect knowledge exists in a static and eternal state fully fulfilled from the implication of Every Possible Outcome?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you missread the principle. Its every ACTION has an equal and oposite reaction. It refers to forces nothing else. If i push on a wall the wall pushes back, if i give you a $100 there is no universal law that means you will give me $100 back

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

No.

The principle only works on macroscopic levels. On the subatomic level, not everything works by cause and effects.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

''And if so...would it not mean that the opposite of the state of nothing..no time..and so on - is totality...all time and all possibilites fulfilled?''

Here you are certainly right. If we extrapolate our existences down to subatomic levels, then this line holds true.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Reiku

no it doesnt, I could say that the oposite of everything was god, chocolate iced cream or the disc world and that would make as much sence as that statement.

we dont KNOW what is possable (we are a product of THIS univese and ONLY this universe). We cant even DEFINE nothing, how are we going to assume that the oposite of whatever nothing is is THIS

9. Reiku Banned Banned

Then let us associate colors with codes.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

that went straight over my head i hate to say

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Reiku Banned Banned

Also... to say we are a product of this universe only, is a falsifiable theory, against the multiverse theory...

An electron for instence, is shared among many universes... collectively, you can say from this interpetation that possibly it extends into infinity = 00

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Says who ? That is an unfounded assumption.. not science.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

I am very let down with the lack of physics around here:

Everette showed us that the universe could be an infinite amount among many: Not only this, but he showed us that a single particle is in a dizzy infinite among an infinite amount of universes.

14. Reiku Banned Banned

Not that i agree with the theory. For reference.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Look they observe these particles disappearing.. nothing more. They assume that they move between universes. It is unfalsifiable and thus not science.
    Or am I unaware of any evidence supporting this assumption ?

16. Reiku Banned Banned

If they disappear, then they ''tunnel'' through time and space.

17. Reiku Banned Banned

That is self-constistent, in the theory that one universe is enough.

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Right.. so why do we need multiple universes ?

19. Reiku Banned Banned

Only because of situations... these ''things'' happen inherently, and yet, the math predicts them... BUT

There is one theory saying that one universe is certainly enough.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't know what you're saying.. please explain again ?

21. ge0050 Registered Member

>
    you missread the principle. Its every ACTION has an equal and oposite reaction. It refers to forces nothing else. If i push on a wall the wall pushes back, if i give you a $100 there is no universal law that means you will give me $100 back
    <

Newton is correct. The opposite reaction to me giving you $100 is you taking $100 from me.

The reason for most problems we associate with the "human condition" is that we ignore this simple principle and think that it only applies to physics.

Whatever we do, there is always going to be an equal and opposite reaction, which may be the cause of the problem we are trying to solve.

22. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

The total energy of the universe is zero as, shown by Hawkins. The Multiverse makes the most sense, our universe is just one among and infinite other universes, since in theory there are infinite other universe then it is a possibility, we could be existing on another universe in another dimension. All the possible actions play out, for example in one universe maybe the job you did not get, in another universe you might have got the job. Theoretically it is a possibility.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Wrong: it hasn't been shown to apply to humans - it is a physics principle.

Unproven speculation.

What is the "equal and opposite reaction" to you sending me a birthday card*? What is the "equal and opposite reaction" to me dating your sister?

* And me sending you one isn't valid because of the time delay...