Does anyone know NASA's position on the man on Mars photo?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by joepistole, Jan 23, 2008.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Yeah, looks like Jesus..but with nice breasts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Vega Banned Banned

Is there confirmation on that from NASA's website?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why is it blurry? I only remember a clear picture being transmitted by the rover. I'd like to see the original picture this was taken from. Anyone know where the original picture might be located?

8. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Yep,..Houston, it appears Jesus is a woman, no holy blasphemer batman!..He's a man, with,,,manboobs.

9. Vega Banned Banned

Can't find it on NASA's JPL site!!

10. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Apologies for being facetious serious dudes, but I've worked it out, it's Jesus with a Mars bone in hand self flagellating for the mysterious appearance of boobs on his otherwise godlike body.

Get a grip guys, it's a rock, do you have any idea how many people and face shaped rocks are to be found if you look?

11. Vega Banned Banned

I don't care if it's Jesus or a f**king rock!!!, just wanna see the real mug shot!

12. draqon Banned Banned

NASA's position: stop littering the internet with conspiracy theories and what looks like shapes and forms in surface background of our images.

13. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

It's blurry because this is only a very small section of the original photo and thus is getting close to the limits of resolution of the original image.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Obviously, this is a product of the human brain's capacity for pattern recognition. It happened before with that Mars "face", which, when higher resolution photos became available, turned out to look nothing like a face.

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Correct - and when viewed with the sun in slightly different position so that the shadows changed considerably.

When I was kid, we used to have fun finding "faces" in the rough bark of trees.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Where's the original image? :shrug:

17. blobrana Registered Senior Member

Sol 1363 (Nov. 3, 2007): Spirit acquired pre-drive, panoramic camera images of targets known as "Posole," "Green Chile," and "Flan," then drove 24.83 metres to Site 5 on Home Plate. The rover acquired post-drive image mosaics with the navigation and panoramic cameras. The next morning, Spirit completed a survey of rock clasts with the panoramic camera and took a mosaic of images with the navigation camera.

Sol 1364: Spirit acquired images of the distant dune field known as "El Dorado" with the panoramic camera, and after communicating with the Odyssey orbiter during its overhead pass, measured atmospheric argon with the alpha-particle X-ray spectrometer. In the morning, Spirit completed a full-colour, systematic ground survey using all 13 filters of the panoramic camera.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  18. blobrana Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

All I see is rock formations, no people there that I can see. :shrug:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. orcot Valued Senior Member

that took me 3 minutes to find (it's somwhere in the bothem left). I'm amazed on how some must study those pictures rigoresly...
    It looks real nice, altough it doesn't mean anything

21. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

where are the bumpy bits?

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

HOLY CRAP!!!! They found Bigfoot!