Vagina Dentata Myth

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

There is a new movie out called Teeth. Its about a girl who has teeth in her nether regions. Anyways, apparently its based on the Vagina Dentata Myth, which is mentioned in several cultures, but mostly in North Americans. Who knew!?

And because of this myth, a woman decided to make a female condom with 'teeth'. Its an anti-rape condom called Rapex. Its lined with microscopic barbs that break off in the guys penis. (Apparently its a huge hit in South Africa.) How would it prevent rape? He has to get his penis in there to get the barbs broken off on it, right?

Anyone heard of this myth? I know I haven't!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

:bawl: <- emotional response

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Fear.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Once something like this is out, I don't trust anyone enough to put my penis in her.

8. flynch Registered Senior Member

- I'm not sure it would prevent you from raping her, but i'd bet it would prevent the next one..Freud came up with that fear I think- that a woman's vagina was designed to chomp off penises cuz they didn't get their own...he had his own issues of course....

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I have never heard about the myth, but I am familiar with Freud's psychoanalysis of this phobia. BTW, where can I buy some?

10. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

See, now, I read this and I see three people. And it makes me wonder who this 'her' is that you wouldn't want anyone else putting your penis into.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

per the link:

Although the myth is associated with the fear of castration, it is often falsely attributed to Sigmund Freud. Freud never mentions the term in any of his psychoanalytic work

12. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Okay, but I know some psychoanalyst reported on the fear of castration. I thought it was Freud since he was into sexual psychoses.

13. John99 Banned Banned

Where are the mods today?

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

MW!!! LOL, did you read the link. lol

For Freud, the vagina signifies the fear of castration because the young (male) child assumes that women once had a penis that is now absent.[3] The vagina, then, is the result of castration, not the cause of it.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

??? why??
    the cultural myth offends you or the anti-rape condom offends you?

16. John99 Banned Banned

Mostly the teeth part.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

do men have this same feeling when their wives are pregnant? Do they worry a little hand will grab them?

18. John99 Banned Banned

I dont know, i just like teeth where their supposed to be or it creeps me out.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If men would fear teeth in the vagina, then I would have to assume oral sex is not something they let happen to them.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol
    Would you fear nails (never mind that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) teeth on a penis ? Jeez Orleander...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Edit: What if it had little eyes.. would you fear that ? lol

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

If you think that vagina dentata is odd, try looking up Koro (aka Penis Panic.)

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's feared because it is freakish (very abnormal).
    Body parts that are not in the right place usually cause horrified reactions.
    I guess it has something to do with expectancy and the fact that people tend to identify themselves with others.
    Or maybe the brain just can't work out what the fuck it is seeing and freaks out lol
    This is also why many horror movies (of lesser quality mostly lol) use this.