Page 1 of 27 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 521

Thread: US warships frightened by Iranian boats; War of Terror; US foreign policy, etc...

  1. #1
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822

    US warships frightened by Iranian boats; War of Terror; US foreign policy, etc...



    3 US warships in the Strait of Hormuz were threatened by 5 small Iranian boats.

    The United States is calling for Iran to explain an incident early Sunday in the Strait of Hormuz, when five small Iranian boats made what the Pentagon calls "aggressive maneuvers" toward three U.S. Navy ships, nearly causing the American ships to open fire.
    Imagine 3 Iranian naval warships in the Hudson Bay. Imagine the US accepting this. Imagine Iran complaining if the US sends out boats

  2. #2
    BlueMoose
    Guest
    Reminds me occasion when Rumsfeld was complaining in world wide tv-broadcast at beginning of the Iraq war that someone has smuggled "night-vision-goggles" over to border to Iraqi guerrillas, damned, that almost make them lost the war

  3. #3
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    Reminds me occasion when Rumsfeld was complaining in world wide tv-broadcast at beginning of the Iraq war that someone has smuggled "night-vision-goggles" over to border to Iraqi guerrillas, damned, that almost make them lost the war
    Its amazing how cowardly the Americans are without their gadgets and buttons to give them distance and safety.

    These were speedboats passing by warships.

    The Iranian vessels ``showed reckless, dangerous and potentially hostile intent'' during the incident in the Strait of Hormuz, Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said. He said the encounter lasted between 15 and 25 minutes.

    ``I am coming at you; you will explode in a couple of minutes,'' the Iranians told the U.S. naval crews, according to the defense official. The U.S. ships were ready to fire when the Iranians turned away, he said.
    I wonder if they crapped their pants.

  4. #4
    Registered Senior Member Buffalo Roam's Avatar
    Posts
    16,931
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    3 US warships in the Strait of Hormuz were threatened by 5 small Iranian boats.



    Imagine 3 Iranian naval warships in the Hudson Bay. Imagine the US accepting this. Imagine Iran complaining if the US sends out boats
    Small Boats can carry a lot of explosives and fire power,




  5. #5
    International waters are free game for every navy. The United States along with several other countries claim 250 miles of ocean off their coast. The problem with the strait is that it is there are not 250 miles to claim by anyone. Iran claims 12 miles. The Navy does not want to shed blood if they can avoid it. And they bend over backwards to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. But if necessary, they will respond with deadly force. The United States Navy has fought bravely in many wars with and without advanced technology, often against overwhelming odds. The United States Navy fears no one. Don't mistake our reluctance to shed blood needless as many of our defeated former enemies have do their detriment. The Navy could destroy the Iranian boats before they left harbor or any time their after.
    Last edited by joepistole; 01-07-08 at 12:52 PM.

  6. #6
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistole View Post
    International waters are free game for every navy. The United States along with several other countries claim 250 miles of ocean off their coast. The problem with the strait is that it is there are not 250 miles to claim by anyone. Iran claims 12 miles. The Navy is concerned not for their own safety, but they do not want to shed blood if they can avoid it. And they bend over backwards to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. But if necessary, they will respond with deadly force.
    Yeah isn't it convenient?

    Tell me what would be the US response to Iranian Naval warships at 250 miles off Hudson Bay?

    The United States Navy fears no one. Don't mistake our reluctance to shed blood needless as many of our defeated former enemies have do their detriment. The Navy could destroy the Iranian boats before they left harbor or any time their after.
    Ahahahahahahahah!

    Iranian boats harassed and provoked three American Navy ships in the strategic Strait of Hormuz, threatening to explode the vessels, U.S. officials said Monday.
    Iran's Foreign Ministry said Monday the confrontation was ``something normal'' and was resolved
    Who's your daddy?

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...205172,00.html
    Last edited by S.A.M.; 01-07-08 at 12:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Nice spin.

    5 Iranian Revolutionary Guard speed boats — described as "cigarette" boats —charged at 3 U.S. Navy ships sailing in the Strait of Hormuz en route to the Persian Gulf.

    Iran is a pimple on the @ss of the USA. It is not to be trusted.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320587,00.html

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    Yeah isn't it convenient?

    Tell me what would be the US response to Iranian Naval warships at 250 miles off Hudson Bay?



    Ahahahahahahahah!





    Who's your daddy?

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...205172,00.html
    That is fine SAM, don't come crying on my door step if one day the Iranian Navy gets a bloody nose.

  9. #9
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Nice spin.

    5 Iranian Revolutionary Guard speed boats — described as "cigarette" boats —charged at 3 U.S. Navy ships sailing in the Strait of Hormuz en route to the Persian Gulf.

    Iran is a pimple on the @ss of the USA. It is not to be trusted.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320587,00.html
    The US has too big an ass, its spread out too much and is crowding other people.

    Like sitting next to a very fat ass in an airplane.

  10. #10
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistole View Post
    That is fine SAM, don't come crying on my door step if one day the Iranian Navy gets a bloody nose.
    Will that be from a very safe distance far far away?

  11. #11
    The POS Iranian pukes made the aggressive move. They're like the school yard bully who finally pushes one kid too far and gets his @ss kicked.

  12. #12
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    The POS Iranian pukes made the aggressive move. They're like the school yard bully who finally pushes one kid too far and gets his @ss kicked.
    So you would be okay with Iranian warships off the coast of the US?

  13. #13
    Sure. We could use the target practice.

  14. #14
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Sure. We could use the target practice.
    So could they.

  15. #15
    There is one small little problem and that is Iran does not have a deep water Navy. They are incapable of putting a warship they do not have off our coast. But assume they could, I would have no problem with it. I would not be a threat to the United States, for a whole host of reasons.

    The United States Navy is the most agressive of all of our military services. It is comprised of the United States Navy and Marine Corps. We always go into battle together and we don't pay twice for the same ground. We go out of our way to do the right thing, to give the other guy the benefit of the doubt. But you don't want to mess with this hornet.

  16. #16
    Yes but we're not the ones who threatened to "blow the USA and Israel off the map", so they are considered hostile invaders.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistole View Post
    There is one small little problem and that is Iran does not have a deep water Navy. They are incapable of putting a warship they do not have off our coast. But assume they could, I would have no problem with it. I would not be a threat to the United States, for a whole host of reasons.

    The United States Navy is the most agressive of all of our military services. It is comprised of the United States Navy and Marine Corps. We always go into battle together and we don't pay twice for the same ground. We go out of our way to do the right thing, to give the other guy the benefit of the doubt. But you don't want to mess with this hornet.
    Amen!

  18. #18
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Yes but we're not the ones who threatened to "blow the USA and Israel off the map", so they are considered hostile invaders.
    Uh you are ones who deposed their democratically elected government, trained the SAVAK, installed an autocrat (who tortured and killed people in their country for 25 years) and armed both sides in an eight year war.

    You are also the ones who have just invaded and destroyed a country on both sides (Iraq and Afghanistan) while conducting war exercises just off their coasts. Not to mention funding/arming terrorist groups in their country.


  19. #19
    I was on a couple of international forums and it's quite revealing how despised the United States is today. It's unfortunate that a country that was once looked up to as a moral force is now seen as a paranoid bully wallowing in hypocricy. The photo of the U.SS Cole is such a case: Hint!!!!! it wasn't hit in U.S. waters.

    U.S. interests? What the HELL is the US doing protecting thug dictators thousands of miles away? Spending a trillion dollars in the Middle East (yes, as Ron Paul states A TRILLION with a 'T') Worried the women-enslaving Saudi Royals won't be able to travel to New York shop at Blomingdales?

    Hint..the 'Persian' Gulf isn't between Long Island and the U.S. mainland.

  20. #20
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistole View Post
    There is one small little problem and that is Iran does not have a deep water Navy. They are incapable of putting a warship they do not have off our coast. But assume they could, I would have no problem with it. I would not be a threat to the United States, for a whole host of reasons.

    The United States Navy is the most agressive of all of our military services. It is comprised of the United States Navy and Marine Corps. We always go into battle together and we don't pay twice for the same ground. We go out of our way to do the right thing, to give the other guy the benefit of the doubt. But you don't want to mess with this hornet.
    How did that help on 9/11?

Similar Threads

  1. By S.A.M. in forum Free Thoughts
    Last Post: 12-10-09, 10:14 AM
    Replies: 3
  2. By wanneszinnig in forum The Cesspool
    Last Post: 05-28-09, 09:40 AM
    Replies: 439
  3. By Kadark in forum World Events
    Last Post: 02-04-08, 04:16 PM
    Replies: 44
  4. By Ganymede in forum Politics
    Last Post: 05-26-07, 01:02 AM
    Replies: 50
  5. By Zakariya04 in forum Free Thoughts
    Last Post: 10-12-06, 10:06 AM
    Replies: 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •