Proposal: Australia is a Xenophobic Nation

Discussion in 'Formal debates' started by Challenger78, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Hypothesis: Australians are culturally xenophobic and will be afraid/suspicious of any foreign culture or person.

Australian's like to believe themselves as Multicultural, but outside of the government's view, It is not the case.

Since 9/11 the amount of racism and racially motivated violence has increased, to unimagined levels in 2005.

I welcome any opponent to a fair and enjoyable debate. Standard rules apply.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I accept your challenge, Challenger78. I will argue that Australia is not a Xenophobic nation.

However, since I am busy at the moment (just back to work), I would like to extend the deadline allowed for posts. I suggest a time limit of 3 days between the opponent's last post and the next post.

Is that acceptable to you?

If so, please open a "Debate" thread and a "Discussion" thread on the topic. As debater for the positive side, it seems fair that you ought to go first. Agreed?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

everyone is xenophobic in one way or another ... and cultures make us

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

I think it may be in human nature to be xenophobic, since we need to adapt to our environments or surroundings in order to "survive," something changing all of a sudden is intimidating and scary for most people.

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Yes, it is, I'm also on holiday and will probably need the three days.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ok. This debate is according to Standard Rules, but with a three day limit on posts.

See the [thread=76021]Debate[/thread] and [thread=76023]Discussion[/thread] threads related to this debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.