Obama: Belongs to a racist religious organisation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mountainhare, Jan 7, 2008.

1. mountainhare Banned Banned

Since some members on this forum love to sink their fangs in to the fact that white nationalists are sucking Ron Paul's wang . They assume that this is indicative of Ron Paul giving implicit support to white supremacist ideology.

So I'm just wondering what these posters conclude from the following?

http://mu-warrior.blogspot.com/2007/03/barak-obamas-leftist-afrocentric-church.html

The above describes how Obama has admitted to being affiliated with the Trinity of the United Church of Christ. This religious organisation pledges allegiance to Africa, and believes in the following:

Such a religious organisation appears to promote 'black power' and the 'black way of life'. Racist sumsuch?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Carcano Valued Senior Member

How affiliated???

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Come on, Mountain, You can do better than a blogspot.
    And his pastor isn't as racist as some of em white supremacy folks..

From your sources..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

It's not about Black Power, it's about self reliance. Your party has been preaching to the Black Community for decades to stop asking whitey for a handout and to help themselves. The very minute they do that, you cry foul. Would your rather have them uplift themselves, or have them living off of your Tax dollars? I thought so.

8. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Well said sir.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Disavowal of the Pursuit of “Middleclassness”

? I don't get this one. What's wrong with being middle class?

10. sandy Banned Banned

Yes it is. It's a black supremacist church. I said this months ago and got infracted for it.

11. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I wonder why ?!!?!?!?!?

12. sandy Banned Banned

It's true. I provided proof and links. Some people just don't want to hear the truth.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Because it's a lie. Wanting to create an institution to help the disadvantaged Africa-American community is NOT the same thing as saying blacks are superior.

14. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

A congregation committed to ADORATION.
    A congregation preaching SALVATION.
    A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
    A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
    A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
    A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
    A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
    A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
    A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
    A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.
    Click here to read about Dr. Wright’s talking points for Trinity United Church of Christ its Web site and the Black Value System.

from the about us of their website. I fail to see how educating about black history and haveing a commitment to those in africa makes you a black supremecy orginization.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What's a "black way of life"? And how do you think it is being promoted?

Also, racism involves negative discrimination against other races, does it not?

16. sandy Banned Banned

I call bs. Substitute the word "white" for black and people would be SCREAMING "racism" until they were hoarse.

17. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Sandy, they are as Christian as you.

They most probably love God and Jesus as much as you.

They are your brothers and sisters!

18. sandy Banned Banned

They most certainly are NOT! They don't go around all day getting people saved/churched. The only one who talks about Jesus Christ is Huckabee. The democrats don't even seem to know who Jesus is.

19. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

you dont know anything about the democratic candidates do you?

20. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Sandy, your Christian crew does not have a monopoly over God, Jesus or Christianity. Black Christians are as Christian as Whites. Practising, non-practising, it doesn't matter. A Christian is a Christian.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What about Romney? He's a good Mormon.

22. sandy Banned Banned

Yep. Plenty. What do you want to know?

You don't get it, do you? A lukewarm Christian is useless to God. He "spits them out." On-fire is best. I never said anything about black Christians. Of course they're as Christian as whites. Christianity is color blind.

I don't know enough about the degree of his involvement in the Mormon church/the extent of his Mormonism. I do have a problem with Joseph Smith and them having their own Bible (the Book of Mormon). If he was a Christian, he would be a shoe-in for the next POTUS.

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Isn't The Book of Mormon just like the New Testament? An addition to the original Bible recognized only by its followers?