My theory of personality types

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Kimani, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Kimani Registered Senior Member

Math and synergy can be used to understand human behavior. Metaphysics and modern psychology are explored using a formula. This formula transcends those beliefs. It reorganizes Carl Jung's concept of archetypes. It involves synergy in that it combines types until they assume a new meaning and can be viewed and classified under a larger umbrella.

Archetypes are primal symbols of people. They are basic instincts and tendencies. Archetypes represent the hopes, desires, and needs that people universally exhibit and express without being aware of it. They are our primitive selves. They make up the unconscious mind.

These archetypes are building blocks in determining personalities. Their fusion allows you to view personality types from a different perspective.

Many individual archetypes are found in people at the same time / over a lifetime. These archetypes seperately show fragments of people's unconscious minds. These archetypes combined display a large part or portion of the unconsciou mind. When organized into groups of two they spell out psychological conditions. What seems random at first becomes very familiar when placed in a different context. Archetypes are primal and one-dimensionl. Civilized man is two-dimensional.

There are six archetypes in this equation. They include The Child, The Hero, The Mother, The Shadow, The Trickster, and The Wise Old Man. Each archetype represents a distinctive trait. The Child lacks restrain. The Hero is vulnerable. The Mother is empathetic and comforting. The Shadow is a symbol of apathy. The Wise Old Man is insightful.

The six archetypes are divided into three sets. There are two archetypes in each set. The combination of the two archetypes in each set results in a model for psychological conditions. The Hero and The Wise Old Man combine to form the bipolar spectrum and Asperger's syndrome. The Mother and The Child combine to form avoidant, co-dependency, and dependency. The Shadow and The Trickster combine to form borderline, histrionic, narcissism, and sociopathy.

There are twelve psychological condtions / types used in this concept. They are Asperger's syndrome, bipolar 1, bipolar 2, cyclothymia, Asperger's syndrome, avoidant, co-depedency, borderline, histrionic, narcissism, and sociopathy.

The similar elements of these conditions unify them. They form an entity. These entities are used to define an individual. This is a method of identifying individuality. A person will gravitate towards one of three entities much more than any of the others. Three characters are used to symbolize humanity. Society is divided into three essential segments.

Artistrty, Professionalism, Opportunism

The Designer, The Professional, The Charmer

Experiences during childhood are catalysts. They mold and shape people. Habits developed as a youth act as infections. They stunt growth and progression in certain individual areas while leaving remaining areas alone. The end result of this process is this triad of entities.

A lifestyle or career isn't defined by this system. This is a state of mind. These are identities and alter-egos. They form an existence.

The mind is like a machine in this way. The brain is layered and textured with concepts until they take on form, shape, and color. The unconscious mind has built a program.

The Designer

Archetypes: The Hero - vulnerable, troubled
    The Wise Old Man - mentor / guide
    Tendencies: withdrawn, analytical, creative
    Talents: composing, equating, calculating
    Conditions: Asperger's syndrome, bipolar spectrum

The Professional

Archetypes: The Child - unconditional love, submission
    The Mother - nurturing, devoted
    Tendencies: generosity, dedication, humility, sacrifice
    Talents: consoling, comforting, compromising, estimating
    Conditions: avoidant, co-dependecy, dependency

The Charmer

Archetypes: The Shadow - back stabbing
    The Trickster - devious, sneaky
    Tendencies: impulsive, manipulative, egocentric
    Talents: seducing, tempting, exploiting
    Conditions: borderline, histrionic, narcissism, sociopathy

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I suppose that's all well and good for the basic types, perhaps. But real people very, very often have various combinations of characteristics from across the full spectrum of all those various types.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Frud11 Banned Banned

OK so each person is an image of some kind.

There are "marker" personalities, and each reference type (as you classify them) has a presumed distribution. There's a probability involved?
    This synergy, and the formula that "transcends those beliefs": what's it meant to look like (mathematically)? Is a logarithm, or the speed of light, or neural signals, in it somewhere?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kimani Registered Senior Member

I guess as math it would be A divided into S = C

A = Archetypes
    S = Sets
    C = Conditions

As synergy it would probably be 11C = 3T

C = Conditions
    T = Types

8. Kimani Registered Senior Member

I dont know why I have twelve on there. It should say eleven. I must have been tired when I was writing that.

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

You've provided nothing to indicate what you mean by Sets and Conditions nor how you arrived at that formula for synergy - "probably" or otherwise.

10. Kimani Registered Senior Member

By conditions I mean psychological conditions. By sets I mean groups.

The synergy has already been fully explained. 11 types become 3 types because some of them are so similar they can grouped together and classified differently

11. Frud11 Banned Banned

Why (only) 11 types? Archetypes of human character? The idea is already sort of fuzzy, long before you get anywhere near 11...

12. Kimani Registered Senior Member

The archetypes when combined are equal to only those eleven types. This is about how archetypes in groups of 2 can become equivalent to personality types and so can explain society in a new way.