The end is near!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by QuestionEverything, Jan 6, 2008.

1. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

This regards apocalyptic prophecy from an atheist's (my) perspective. I hope you will read this post objectively before commenting on it!

*********************************************************************************************************

This passage of "scripture" has been misinterpreted by the "profane uninitiated" of the Christian churches for many years. Christians believe this message describes events in the so called "end times" or apocalypse. Of course Christians are taught to believe that astrology is evil which has been a means (for the initiated priest class) of keeping them from knowing the truth about passages like these...

The truth is that this is describing an astrological event that takes place every year on the same day. It is nothing more than a repeating movie that plays out every year in the "heavens".

Note the key words of obvious cosmological significance in the first verse:
    heaven
    sun
    moon
    stars

"a woman clothed with the sun" - refers to the constellation Virgo.
    "the moon under her feet" - describes the location of the moon in relation to the constellation Virgo.
    "crown of twelve stars" - the number 12 is a reference to all signs of the zodiac.
    "she being with child" - Virgo (the virgin) is figuratively preparing to give birth to something.
    "a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns" - the constellation Hydra (the Beast) largest of all constellations.
    "tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven" - Hydra is very large indeed!
    "and did cast them to the earth" - the earth is rotating and therefore the ancients perceived that the stars (angels) were cast to earth.
    "and the dragon stood before the woman" - the location of Hydra in relation to Virgo.
    "she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron" - the Sun (son) has risen.
    "and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne" - the Sun continues to rise to its position of prominence in the sky.
    "the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God" - Virgo is no longer visible because of the daylight.
    "a thousand two hundred and threescore days" - typical calendar reference when dealing with astrological events.
    "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon" - stars are changing positions in the sky.
    "the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven." - Hydra is falling below the horizon.
    "the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan" - Hydra is gone, writer begins disinfo combining evil deities into one.
    "he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him" - As I said, Hydra is gone.

Crowns, horns, and heads are not nations, cities, or churches, sorry but that concept is disinfo.
    Note that in the KJV the Greek word "aeon" has been incorrectly translated as "world", whereas the NIV has translated this word correctly as "age". This is a classic astrological reference that refers to a period of time that equals approximately 2150 years. This unit of time is derived from the earth wobble which takes a total of 26,000 years (roughly) or 1 GREAT YEAR to come full circle. Divide that by 12 and you get a GREAT MONTH or AGE. Each age is named by the associated astrological sign of the zodiac that the Sun occupies for that 2150 years. Currently, from an exoteric point of view, we are at the end of the Age of Pisces leading into the Age of Aquarius (You know the song!). The Bible refers to this age of Aquarius here:
    We can confirm this refers to Aquarius because in those days bearing water was a woman's job, yet Aquarius is a male. The philosophical significance of a man taking on the burden of a woman is representative of gender equality. The word "house" in this case is a reference to a sign of the zodiac, which is what Aquarius is.

So I hope you can see how the Protestant Christian community that believes the "world" is coming to an end has been deceived. I believe the deception was intentional since the proper translation seems obvious. Astrology is not evil, but it is a required key for deciphering scriptures.

Please comment and discuss.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sandy Banned Banned

The end is near but not as near as you think.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. VRob Registered Senior Member

If it's from the Bible, it's as irrellevent as the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

Same thing IMO.

I'm still fascinated why people believe the bible is anything more than an old fictional book.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Look at the avatar in the post above yours.

8. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

That is not the point of this topic. The topic clearly shows that Revelations 12 is primarily NON-fiction. It has simply been misinterpreted into fiction by Christian theologians.

9. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

Sigh, did you even read my post? Apparently not! :spank:

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

When we die, the world as we know, it will end.

11. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

The end is near when USA's top position in the world is seriously threatened.

12. Vega Banned Banned

Zep Tepi...every end has a new beginning!

13. BlueMoose Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  14. sandy Banned Banned

Nope. People die. Every day. Life goes on and will....

Nope. Not then, either. It is my belief that the world will end when its creator has had enough of its inhabitants' bs.

15. BlueMoose Guest

-I think we have pass that point already

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. sandy Banned Banned

Nope. There are still a lot of Christians/believers here trying to save everyone else.

17. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

The U.S. is not the sovereign nation you think it is, so this point is moot.

18. John99 Banned Banned

So QuestionEverything is an Astrologer.

And here is the proof:

"a woman clothed with the sun" - refers to the constellation Virgo.
    "the moon under her feet" - describes the location of the moon in relation to the constellation Virgo.
    "crown of twelve stars" - the number 12 is a reference to all signs of the zodiac.
    "she being with child" - Virgo (the virgin) is figuratively preparing to give birth to something.
    "a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns" - the constellation Hydra (the Beast) largest of all constellations.
    "tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven" - Hydra is very large indeed!
    "and did cast them to the earth" - the earth is rotating and therefore the ancients perceived that the stars (angels) were cast to earth.
    "and the dragon stood before the woman" - the location of Hydra in relation to Virgo.
    "she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron" - the Sun (son) has risen.
    "and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne" - the Sun continues to rise to its position of prominence in the sky.
    "the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God" - Virgo is no longer visible because of the daylight.
    "a thousand two hundred and threescore days" - typical calendar reference when dealing with astrological events.
    "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon" - stars are changing positions in the sky.
    "the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven." - Hydra is falling below the horizon.
    "the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan" - Hydra is gone, writer begins disinfo combining evil deities into one.
    "he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him" - As I said, Hydra is gone.

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

the end is near the end of cheap oil

20. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

No, he is right. For them the world truly has ended. This is what is so hard about death. Too bad theists like yourself have taken the gravity out of the meaning of death, maybe if you hadn't you could show more empathy instead of making statements like "life goes on".

You still haven't read my post have you? :spank:

21. BlueMoose Guest

-Yes, I believe in mankind too, the change starts within.
    -What actions have you done to save rest of the the world ?

22. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

I guess that depends on how you define astrologers. I don't believe in horoscopes and garbage like that, only in astrology's use by our ancestors as an instrument for making calendars and theology.

That's kind of like saying someone who studies politics is a politician. Yet I study politics, but am certainly NOT a politician.

23. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

I've already had to save myself once from being saved.