Marijuana legal in us ever?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Beans, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Beans Yee-Haw Registered Senior Member

Do any of you think it will ever be legal? and if so how long until? next presidency? I realize if Hillary wins its out of the question, but what about our other choices? :m:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

We both know we'll ban war before legalizing pot in the USA. The trouble is, we don't smoke enough pot to even think about banning war.

A lot of people smoke weed- but not enough :m: :m:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beans Yee-Haw Registered Senior Member

I just don't understand, alcohol is MUCH worse then marijuana and its legal. We basically have a marijuana prohibition going right now. In Canada is it viewed the same as in the USA?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

No, more people (proportionately) get high in Canada.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

As I stated in other threads about this subject that decriminalization is happening in many states which allows for those found with less than an ounce only to recieve a misdemenor and pay a fine. There is no jail time involved.

9. Beans Yee-Haw Registered Senior Member

I think its the drug tests in the work place that gets me. Now in Arkansas we cant even get synthetic urine anymore. You have to have a friend pee in something, its awful. The bad part is I actually have insomnia, every sleeping pill works for a short amount of time then stops. If i smoke a half a joint before I go to bed i can sleep all night no problem. Some of us actually have medicinal reasons for it.(not at ALL saying its bad to get stoned)

10. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

ROFLOL

11. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I'd love to cook more things with marijuana in it. Having it legalized means the prices would drop, and I wouldn't have to spend a fortune to make a decently potent entre.

I think it will be a long time -if ever- before pot is legalized in the United States. I seem to recall it losing in several instances during a few recent polls over the years. Assuming these polls were legitimate (and not a psy-op to cultivate the illusion of public opinion) it would mean that there is not enough support.

I wish I could remember details on these polls. The only things I do recall are that they were in the context of policies within individual states.

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

That's the trouble with pot, see...it fucks up your memory.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Since most people don't smoke pot to begin with they have no idea what the pricers are for the illegal ounce. Once a legalization ever happened only a certain amount of farmers would grow it and they would control the prices they charged for it as well as those who distribute it. It maybe low, like cigarettes were to start, but it would eventually be very costly as cigarettes are today.

14. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Ohh well, I really wouldnt mind paying more for legal pot.

15. Beans Yee-Haw Registered Senior Member

I'm sure people would still sell it illegally.

16. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Of course they would. but why not just make it okay to grow it legally in your own home?

17. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

If it was...you could call me "Farmer Mitch" ...'cause I'd be one serious weed growin' MF!

18. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

<Rimshot!/>
    It's been a long time (in the order of years) since I've actually indulged.

19. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Legalize pot? Sure, why not, it is actually less dangerous than drinking.

20. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

The government ought to legalize and place a tax on pot so that for one, the court system could save wasted time as well as money; secondly, the money this tax would accumulate could be used to do very good things were the right people behind it.

21. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

I think it's possible that in 50 years or so, it might be legal in some states. It's already being decriminalized in several areas, and it's starting to become legal for medical reasons.

There's a lot of stigma around it though, probably mostly because of the media, and a lot of people are just ignorant about it, so it's probably going to be a while.

I think eventually people will come to their senses though.