On media conspiracies (photo editors)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I've never heard much about one of my favorite "media conspiracies": photo editors. I can't believe professional news photographers are as bad as the pictures in the paper suggest, so I blame photo editors for the fact that I never once saw a good picture of Boris Yeltsin, and that I'm hard-pressed to justify the pictures I've seen of Condi Rice over the years. (In Dr. Rice's case, however, it really is hard to get a good picture.)

So check these out:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hillary Clinton in Iowa
    (AP/SeattleaTimes.com)

Fred Thompson in Iowa
    (AP/Seattle Times)

Now, admittedly, Thompson doesn't have a f@cking shot, but still, that image doesn't help. I don't think the McCain image from the same story does much good, either. Toss a coin for the pictures of Romney or Huckabee. But the image of Barack Obama shows in profile a strong leader, comfortably focused against a backdrop of vague blurs representing the audience. Were there no better shots of anyone else, and no worse of Obama?

For all we hear about media conspiracies and "liberal" journalists, nobody ever seems to wonder what's going on with the editors, especially the photo editors. Keep your eyes open this season. We should get some good ones.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Howard Dean once commented that the news photos of him took a turn for the less flattering after he said that as President he would oppose relaxing the media ownership restrictions.

As did the story content.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Hillarious ! (hey... there's a pun in there...)
    It looks like she was caught just at the moment a nervous breakdown took hold...
    DEAR GOD - PLEASE VOTE FOR ME
    OR MY ENTIRE LIFE IS INVALIDATED !!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Businesswiz Registered Senior Member

Clinton is a bush wrapped in nice packaging. Bush supports her, he said it a couple of weeks ago.

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I told alla ya, Bush and Clinton are the same family. Thank them for all the cocaine in this country. Used to be flown into Mena, Arkansas by the CIA and distributed through the Hell's Angels. They even smuggle in heroin and shash em in oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. The reason why we don't get rid of the poppy fields in Afghanistan is because we're profiting from it more than the Taliban does. There's a reason I'm so pessimistic about our government because they don't give a shit about us, only their power. Once you've been around it, you realize how fucked up this world is.

- N

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Looks to me like she has a dildo up her ass!

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

oh, you recognize that look do you?
    lol

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What, you don't?

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

These choices do seem easily effective, if in fact this pattern does mark conspiracy.

And the extraordinary reliance on video and photography, modern times -people seem to believe not only what they see, but whatever explanation of what they see has struck first.

13. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I actually expect this is true. Check google images, unless all those random people are in on it, too. Obama is younger, and more vibrant.

And I also expect the photos of Hillary and Thompson there are fair representations, though the Hillary one was at an odd moment. Most of the time Hillary seems to use tons of make up, and has very advantageous camera angles, making her look better than she really is. She's convinced most people she is the person on the right side:

I used to think the same things about C. Rice as you. Though I attributed it to members of the bush administration dwelling in deep caves, away from people, sunlight and mirrors. Seriously, sometimes people get these looks... like with people who have been on the computer for 2 years without leaving their house. I thought she and former Senator Delay could pass for orcs in a lord of the rings movie, but as Rice has been getting a higher profile, her pictures have improved, which I suspect is do to more preparation time; make up, hair, etc.

Something I just remembered... I think Obama is the only one to be scrutinized by CNN for appearances. They kindly pointed out, for about ten minutes, that he has dressed in the same style as Ahmadinejad. But that is not a conspiracy, since it was out in the open...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  14. sandy Banned Banned

W does NOT support Hillary for POTUS. He supports her right to run.

Condi looks better in person, but still no beauty queen.

Obama looks worse in person. He is the media darling so they almost always make him look good. They love him.

They try to make Romney look bad. They can't. He's hot.

Huck always looks like a bag of skin with bad teeth. There's no help for him.

McCain and Thompson are old so they look old. Ron Paul is old and looks horrible.

Giuliani is balding and unattractive. It's hard to make him look good.

Edwards almost always looks good. He's cute.

Hillary looks SO much worse in person. She's another deflated bag with evil eyes.

The media bias is so blatant it's not even funny/entertaining anymore. It's pathetic.

15. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Look at how much work was done in this video to try and make Hillary look sexy, she's totally trying to work her sex appeal!

http://hillaryclinton.com/video/98.aspx

Look at Hillary as she looks deep into your eyes, wearing more eye shadow than a respectable night walker, leaning forward with tension and lust, her lips half talking, half wanting to love you.

Clearly she is trying to capture the demographic that had Katie Couric fetishes.

edit2: I was just teasing... tempted to delete it now, feels stupider in the light of day compared to last night.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

you guys support obama?

to bad hes a democrat.

was nice to have a black president.