One more for the theists..

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by SnakeLord, Dec 28, 2007.

?

Would you still worship god if there was no heaven?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Similar to the first poll, this one asks if you would still worship your god if it said that heaven didn't exist, that you simply ceased to exist when you died.

Without the promise of rewards, would you bother worshipping?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

god provably does not give a damn about anyone on Earth now and is willing to let literally tens of thousands of young children and babies die of hunger, thirst and disease every single day.

I don't know why christians think god will suddenly give a damn after they die. Why should he? They are of no use to him and we saw his blatant intolerance of just two people in the Adam and Eve story. Why should god want billions of people bothering him in an afterlife?

Heaven is the empty promise for the gullible, that somehow their crap life will be replaced by a good life where they will have everything they want, forever.

But forever is hell. Imagine having had every possible conversation a trillion times over with every single person. Welcome to the first second of eternity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

actually if you look at this world you can see that we more or less have everything we could possibly want

meaning there is water to drink, food to eat, etc etc - all provision is there - the only intrinsic incompleteness is the inevitability of birth, death, old age and disease

the fact that most of the world most of the time experiences incompleteness in terms of food,water, shelter and education indicates that we have a few intrinsic incompleteness issues ourself.

IOW its not so much about a quibble with resource allotment, but resource management.

And if we have (a degree of) free will in this world, who's problem is that to solve?

Even if we had heaven, with our skills of resource management, we could quickly turn it into hell ..... and that explains exactly what this world is geared up to teach us.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It seems the theists stay away from this thread/poll for some reason.. :bugeye:

8. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

So is that a "Yes" or a "No"?
    :shrug:

9. John99 Banned Banned

Because it does not make any difference. Creation is creation and evolution is creation. Even if we were certain of evolution, which i would like to state for the recor that we ARE NOT, it still would not rule creation out. So to reject creation outright is unscientific.

Give John an A+ for that one...woohoo.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't know where you got creation from.. ?

OP:

11. John99 Banned Banned

I guess then it would probably be related to a newborn babies attachment to its mother, seems natural.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It is natural, so why does one need a God for that ?

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The question of the OP is: "Would theists still worship a God that provides nothing at all".

14. John99 Banned Banned

That is why i mentioned Creation- that would be providing alot. the term worship is a loaded term anyway.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Again, another unanswerable question by theists. To leap beyond their conditioning to accept as fact the notion of a heaven leaves them completely dumbfounded. No such triggered response exists within their arsenal to react to a concept that is completely foreign to them, made evident from the muddled responses posted thus far.

16. UncleChrist Another Imaginary Friend Registered Senior Member

how many religous people have thought this through

:spank:
    Eteranl life = Hell

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

because it is a loaded question
    its difficult to understand how a god could even exist or function unless he had some recourse to an existence other than this world

kind of like asking "would you marry the most beautiful and charming woman in the world even if she was actually ugly and vile natured?"

18. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Lol, how is any of that part of the question? :shrug:

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

if there are philosophical constructs that surround the notion of god, its not clear why you expect a serious answer from a question that bypasses these issues.

How would you respond to this ....

"would you marry the most beautiful and charming woman in the world even if she was actually ugly and vile natured?"

20. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You will never know...

Muwahahahaha!

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

More analogous,

"would you marry the most beautiful and charming woman in the world even if she had no sex organs?"

22. lightgigantic Banned Banned

a woman can still be beautiful and charming without sex organs
    its not clear what status "god" would be occupying if there is no heaven (or hell)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Oh come on LG, are you tired?

God = Beautiful, charming woman
    Belief in god = Marriage
    Heaven (reward) = sex (reward)