Flying spaghetti monster defeats anti-evolution FL school board

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Dec 27, 2007.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/12/26/72046/268/826/426324

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

What an awesome story. Now Christians, prove that the Flying Speghetti monster doesn't exit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

61% of Americans are still creationists, so still Hillbilly USA.

8. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Do they really believe the Grand Canyon is 6,000 years old? Or are they simply saying so to stick it to the infidels? Don't underestimate what rigorous indoctrination in xenophobic areas will get people to claim to believe. They don't really believe it at all.

9. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

We normally ask every believer of an ethereal being to prove its existence. So in the interest of fair play I think the onus is on the FSM believers to prove the owner of the Noodly Appendage actually exists. When you proclaim a fictional deity after a period of denouncing every deity ever imagined by civilized man I think its a classic case of 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' or you've run out of arguments.

Personally I like FSM because it parodies real life. Like every divine creature, we can prove FSM exists in the minds of men and women but that's all.

10. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Most of that 61% think their god just started things and that evolution followed. Not that many believe the bible is the literal word of their god and that evolution is a hoax.