The meaning of the apparitions of Mary in various times & places

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by WildBlueYonder, Dec 8, 2007.

1. many years after I left the Catholic church, I remember hearing that Mary had appeared in the former Yugoslavia, and as a professing Christian, I wondered what that would mean & why God would allow Mary to make a public appearance to bring messages to the world, which in former times were delivered by angels (messengers in Hebrew), this because it feeds into Catholic Mariology & Marytheism of the average Mexican Catholic (of which I was a former member, (Catholic that is, I’m still Mexican, thank God

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. )

Anyway, it didn’t fit with the Bible & what Jesus had said about Himself, Mary or God.

What Jesus said about Mary:

what Mary said of herself:

what Jesus said about WHo to worship:

what an angel said to the Apostle John:

what Paul said about satan:
    so what is the meaning of these apparitions? I think it is to keep millions of Catholics 1 step away from God, because they worship Mary, they are idolaters, thinking that they are ‘Christians’, while all the while being pagan idolaters, I do think that the Catholic Church has some truth, it is “christian’, but misses the boat on Scripture, Jesus, salvation & his saints (use them as examples, not worship them)

I left the Catholic Church because after 17 years of preaching mysteries, hierarchies, saints & popes, during confirmation classes, they finally preached the Trinity to me, which after reading the Bible cover to cover (at 15 y.o.) sounded like paganism (which I believed until I asked a rabbi about "Elohim", his answer send me back on the road to Christianity)

As a Mexican catholic, I grew up with statues, trinkets, amulets, the 'evil eye', processions, feats days, confessionals, the Virgin Mary & saints

You have to remember that the main reason that Mexican Indians turned to Catholicism, was the apparition of Mary as the "Virgin of Guadalupe" to Juan Diego, telling him to build a church on the site of a pagan temple, the image used by millions of Mexicans, is said to have appeared on his poncho as he dropped roses from it to the local bishop

So what purpose did she serve? Is she from God or not?

I think she is just close enough to hear the truth, but not understand it