Would you peel the skin off of a newborn baby?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Crunchy Cat, Dec 5, 2007.

?

Would you peel the skin off of a newborn baby?

1. Theist - I would peel the skin off a heathen newborn baby if I thought 'God' wanted me to.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Theist - I would peel the skin off a non-heathen newborn baby if I thought 'God' wanted me to.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Theist - I would peel the skin off of my very own newborn baby if I thought 'God' wanted me to.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Theist - I would NOT peel the skin off a baby if I thought 'God' wanted me to.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Atheist - I would peel the skin off a newborn baby if my or lives of my loved ones depended on it.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. Atheist - I would peel the skin off of MY newborn baby if my or lives of my dearest depended on it.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Atheist - I would peel the skin off a newborn baby if a 'God' proved its existence and wanted me to.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. Atheist - I would NOT peel the skin off of a baby.

19 vote(s)
    86.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Theists and non-theists, under what circumstances would you (if at all) torture a newborn baby to death by peeling off its skin?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lightgigantic Banned Banned

You mean like in Hiroshima?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Sorry, this was meant to be a poll but the poll items were too long in text length (can't exceed 100 characters). The multi-checkbox choices would have been:

[A] I am a theist and I would peel the skin off a heathen newborn baby if I thought 'God' wanted me to.
    I am a theist and I would peel the skin off a non-heathen newborn baby if I thought 'God' wanted me to.
    [C] I am a theist and I would peel the skin off of my very own newborn baby if I thought 'God' wanted me to.
    [D] I am a theist and I would NOT peel the skin off a baby if I thought 'God' wanted me to.

[E] I am a non-theist and I would peel the skin off a newborn baby if my life or the lives of my loved ones depended on it.
    [F] I am a non-theist and I would peel the skin off of my very own newborn baby if my life or the lives of my other loved ones depended on it.
    [G] I am a non-theist and I would peel the skin off a newborn baby if a 'God' proved its existence and wanted me to.
    [H] I am a non-theist and I would NOT peel the skin off of a baby.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Effin' meow, baby! Who the f@ck sharpened your claws tonight?

Um ... would you believe you haven't an appropriate answer for me, suffice to say it's a big freakin' "No"?

8. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

or the rape of nanking.
    or the nazi death camps.

9. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Why would any sane individual want to peel the skin off of a newborn? And what does belief in religion have to do with it?

10. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Would would would.

When asked directly, few people would admit to being willing to do so.

But in reality, when certain circumstances strike, people actually do things that before they would have never thought they are able to do them.

11. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I suspect it's the latest attempt to bypass real discussion of the nature of calamity by straw manning religion

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Ok. Poll has been added. I made some slight modifications, but I think that point is understandable.

* Note: Also, I expect the reason for opening this thread, i.e. Why this question has been raised (you heard about that in the news, you will provide us with info about known religious rites which involve peeling the skin off of the newborn babies, etc.). Otherwise I see no purpose in the thread existence.

13. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

For a change I agree with you Lightgigantic.

Greenberg what circumstances can you imagine where someone would have to peel the skin off of a newborn?

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

Sometimes you just like, need to nosh on something, you know?

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I'm going to posit, in the meantime ... oh, never mind. The question's not to me.

To the other, there's still no adequate answer.

• • •​

Deep fried like pork rinds?

• • •​

Awesome. Out of curiosity, I Googled the phrase peel the skin off a baby. We're the #1 link.

• • •​

On the upside, The Misfits are touring again.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

What's funny is that I'm the only one so far who voted they wouldn't want to peel off a newborns skin.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What the fuck kind of question is that !? lol
    Of course I would not, never..
    If God revealed himself to me one day and said he wanted me to do that, I would tell him toigo fuck himself..

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I could do it.
    There are people that do it for a living. They call them Medical Examiners or coroners.
    The only way I could do it is if the baby had already died and I had such a job, but its got nothing to do with religious belief.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I think the OP meant the baby to be still alive. That's why he chose the words 'newborn baby' I suspect..

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Well, your baby can be an alive newborn. Mine is a newborn stillborn baby.

so there

21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Enmos: If God revealed himself to me one day and said he wanted me to do that, I would tell him toigo fuck himself..

Honey if god reveals himself and tells you anything at all seek medication.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol whatever you prefer

It's still gross at the very least.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I know, I was speaking hypothetically lol

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007